HybridZ

Your Wife or GF Support Your Habit?

Scottie-GNZ

My wife's always been supportive of my "habit" and even when I've blown $1000's on my cars, she knows it always makes me happy to have something to build, plan, and eventually enjoy. After my last project that I didn't get to finish, I'm getting the itch again, and I'll be in the "buying" phase hopefully soon.

And when it's done I know she'll want to find that 65-66 Vette we'll build.

Red, convertible, with side-pipes. She's wanted it as long as I've known her.

Only thing now, is that when we do build it instead of a 283, carb, and 4-speed, it'll have an LS2 (or LS6) and a T56!!! :burnout:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scottie!!.. that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh.. and happy birthday you old timer thats too lazy to jack his car up one side at a time anymore.. NOOOOO he has to have this fandangled lift thingy.. hehehe.. joking of course.. thats one heck of a birthday gift.I hope you have a great one.. Talk to ya soon bud..

Val is a car girl, that's for sure.

I bet she still misses the euro 911 though.

Hmmm...maybe she bought you the lift so you could do a motor swap on her convertible :wink:

Enjoy your birthday present Scottie!!

BTW, my wife supports my car habit as well... more than she knows, or I care to tell her :-)

My wife did most of the finish body work. She is getting pretty good at it. I found the trick is to get her into the build. She has been a really big help even took all the wires and lines off the engine when it spun a bearing. she is always willing to help and wants to learn. The car we have now is her 2+2 that I got for parts but she wanted to save.

Don't really have a gf anymore, but we're still around all the time, and she can't wait to tear down the road when I get the V8 in and the car is "done". Even though its in rough shape now, she loves going on cruises in it with me. My Dad, the one who got me into cars with all of his, helps me out all the time. My mom, worried I'm gonna fail out of school and go broke, she's kinda right..

Happy birthday Scottie. Nice lift, but when was the last time you cleaned your garage? lol

My GF always wanted a '69 Camaro, until she went on her first cruise in the '77 280Z with me and the club about 8 months after we got together. She's loved them ever since. Rolling around some curvy roads with posted limit signs we were far exceeding. I think she would enjoy autoX aswell. She likes being slung around in a Z. To funny.

She knows when I'm down about not having the money to get yet another part for the '74 in the garage. She even named it "her majesty" after she heard me call it "my mistress". She understands the obsession and I can spend as much time out in the garage as I want. She knows she would rather have me out there rather then have me going out.

Now if I could just get her to work more so I can afford more Z parts...

Happy birthday Scottie. Nice lift, but when was the last time you cleaned your garage? lol...

HUH? Well, lets see. I have my gas tank out and I am redoing the front brakes. I see the gas tank, heat shields, grinder, drill, floor jack, impact/hose, duct tape, tool boxes, rubber gloves, towel, WD-40, brake clean, brake parts under each axle, engine hoist.... All the things I would hope one would see with work in progress :D.

• Administrators

I remember a time, shortly after finishing the LT1 240Z, that my wife, with me shotgun, was 'done with 3rd and reaching for 4th'... on our RESIDENTIAL street. Needless to say, I had to stop THAT. The point remains, however.... yeah, she likes cars.

I remember a time, shortly after finishing the LT1 240Z, that my wife, with me shotgun, was 'done with 3rd and reaching for 4th'... on our RESIDENTIAL street. Needless to say, I had to stop THAT. The point remains, however.... yeah, she likes cars.
Did you stop her by showing her how to apply the brakes at the same time as the gas, that way she can shift all the way to fifth without going anywhere? How many of the burnout pictures on the myth or matter of fact thread were actually MRS. Tyler?

I feel like I owe my wife a disclaimer: she's not an evil crow or anything like that. She just got me a $1300 digital camera for our anniversary, so I really can't complain too much (i was an artist in other media before I decided my car was a blank canvas, and she supports that). Yeah, Sparks, she's Indian by way of Dade City, FL (her parents are from the old country, arranged marriage and all). I don't know what it is exactly about cars that she doesn't like though. I really think that in a few years things will be fine though, she's been coming around a lot lately. Actually, she's getting ready to put me through a master's program so I can get a job in a field I actually enjoy. Anyway, I just didnt' want to give the impression that I was miserable and she was an evil witch or anything like that.

Happy Birthday Scottie !!!

You know my wife was drag racing the C5 at spring SEZ !!!! She supports me 100 %, She let me buy the 280 Z for my birthday about four years ago and she knows I have a thing about cars and particular Datsun Z's and 510s . Scottie, in spring 2007 if all goes as plan the wife wants a Z06 between 2001-2004 Black or Red with a mod red/black interior!! I am kind of scared !!!