HybridZ

280Z on the show "PINKS"

Guest WhatBoost?

Guest WhatBoost?

hey thanx.

yea i've been reading this board for about 7 months now, and i just picked up a 71 240Z last week. I plan on getting an LS1 with T56, and R200 VLSD.

I'm moving to Fort Worth,TX next month and i cant wait to meet a lot of people from Hybridz.

I owned an 85 300ZX turbo, i was in high school so i didnt have much money but i managed to run a 13.6 at sacramento raceway. So the 240Z is gonna be a big step and big project for me but hopefully you guys can give me some advice and help me out with some problems.

hey thanx.

yea i've been reading this board for about 7 months now, and i just picked up a 71 240Z last week. I plan on getting an LS1 with T56, and R200 VLSD.

I'm moving to Fort Worth,TX next month and i cant wait to meet a lot of people from Hybridz.

I owned an 85 300ZX turbo, i was in high school so i didnt have much money but i managed to run a 13.6 at sacramento raceway. So the 240Z is gonna be a big step and big project for me but hopefully you guys can give me some advice and help me out with some problems.

I'll trade you my 77 280Z for that 240Z. Anything to save another series one from getting trashed. Not saying I'm against a hybridz, but a 240 can be worth something and should be saved as much as possible.

Guest WhatBoost?

yea for sure man.

um. I want to keep the 240Z, i know it can be worth more if kept original, but thats not my plan for it, i want a daily driver getting good gas mileage running 12 sec 1/4 mile. I've actually been looking for one for a long time, i've seen many 280Z's but i was looking for a 240Z and i found it.

Guest WhatBoost?

Mr. Insane,

yea Turlock, CA... haha i just noticed that i misspelled that.

yea what kind of car do you have? i just got rid of my 300ZX because i got the 240Z.

my number is 277 6990, you know the area code.

i will be in town tomorrow till sunday,

i want to start working on the Z soon, i want to take the drivetrain out and the interior and fix the rust.

Welcome, and yes, that episode of Pinks (and I use the word "episode" literally) can be a sore subject for some. There will be another Z on the show next year. Keep your eyes peeled.

Anyway, I noticed that you said you're going to be putting a VLSD in the 240. Keep in mind that if you plan on using the 300ZXT R200 VLSD, while acquiring it, get the axles too, as they're special (different) and hard as hell to find (Don't ask me how I found out). There are alot of folks with their eyes peeled looking for those axles.

Warren

Yeah, don't let the Pinks crew give you an accurate representation of Hybridz. Hybridz is an intelligent forum. Nevermind those phuckoffs you saw on TV - they don't know the first thing about building a car. In fact, here's a quote from one of the administrators:

What we do know is that Garrett drove that car in remarkable fashion, shifted clean and did a bang up job. The other car guys are remisicent of well, I hate to say it, but distant relatives by marriage from arkansas.

So if you could, for the benefit of yourself and everyone else on this board, just forget that episode ever took place.

Yeah, don't let the Pinks crew give you an accurate representation of Hybridz. Hybridz is an intelligent forum. Nevermind those phuckoffs you saw on TV - they don't know the first thing about building a car. In fact, here's a quote from one of the administrators:

So if you could, for the benefit of yourself and everyone else on this board, just forget that episode ever took place.

We all feel a bit salty about that race but, I think that they did a great job on running their car. It was the host Rich that made up the last negotiation and thats how they lost. Thats just my tought as many times as i have seen the episode.

Watched it again last night.... anyone see that Pinks is changing the way they run? All races heads up, no negotiations, and running for cash. At least we wont have to put up with the bullsheet bitching and moaning anymore... come ready to race all out or dont come.

Its all good Lance, we had fun. I'm glad you were there.

hey thanx.

lots of fun here in the big texas. every 2nd thursday night in the ft worth area cowtown Z car club meets for pizza, beer, z car talk, then beer, and ummm? more beer? If you come out, I'll let you sit in my car:? lol