HybridZ

Brutal Honesty!!

RacerX

damn fords.

I don't know if that's fair to either party. Jags are more reliable than that :D

And ford people aren't that mean (least the ones i've ever met).

For the most part it's the european fans I've met that are through and through jerks. I've met honda purists that are still cool about other cars and such. I've met all sorts of american car guys that are still cool. But with the euro people it's like "if you don't have a [insert euro company] then you can't talk to me".

I know that's all stereotype, but it's just what I've experience. I'd love for a euro fan to prove me wrong and go for a drive with me or something.

For the most part it's the european fans I've met that are through and through jerks. I've met honda purists that are still cool about other cars and such. I've met all sorts of american car guys that are still cool. But with the euro people it's like "if you don't have a [insert euro company] then you can't talk to me".

I know that's all stereotype, but it's just what I've experience. I'd love for a euro fan to prove me wrong and go for a drive with me or something.

I've had experience like that but with me the euro and japanese car guys are cool and the domestic guys are the snobs, and of course we've all had run-ins with the fast n furious ricers who think imports are the only way to go, oh well, some people are just like that.

If you were considering a Volvo option . . . I've always wanted to get one of the "T6" motors. Its a 2.9L twin turbo inline six that came in the 99-up (it think) Volvo S80's. Obviously not a ton of ready made go fast parts for it but I think most Zcar guys are used to that. They only come with an auto trans and they are FWD but apparently there is an available manual tranny that you can pick up perhaps from overseas. Prolly alot of work but plenty unique and I'm sure you could get some great numbers out of it.

The V70R and S60R had a larger single turbo 2.5l 5 cylinder engine and make 300hp from the factory. And they had AWD and were available with a 6 speed manual right here in the states. Awesome cars.

Honda B series isn't a bad idea really. That would be the ultimate rub it in your face swap for purists of all kinds. But only if you boost it. Honda guys would hate you, datsun guys would hate you, v-8 guys would scratch their heads...it would be awesome! g-force makes a reverse rotation 5 speed tranny that would allow you to run that engine in RWD configuration using a standard differential.

http://www.gforcetransmissions.com/tran_gf5r-rev.asp

g5-rev1.jpg

Then see the guys at: http://www.full-race.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_143_507

for your 800hp turbo kit. You'll be all set.

• 4 weeks later...

1. 4 rotor. There is plenty of room in there. Hell, make it a 6 rotor.

2. The FJ has already been done, but I'd like to see a really sick FJ20ET turbo in a Z, shootin' flames and all - 500hp min.

3. An Infiniti Indy V8 would keep it in house Nissan. (700hp!)

4. VW I5 TDI from the Euro-EuroVan (Euro-squared?) Potentially 350-400hp, super mileage and tons of torque. You can hardly tell they're diesel. Would actually be a smart choice.

5. Vita-mix 5000; they have a Datsun attachment, right?

• Administrators

1. blah blah...

2. blah... blah blah....

3. An Infiniti Indy V8 would keep it in house Nissan. (700hp!)

4. blah.. blah...

5. more blah blah...

While reading this.. all I heard in my head was that “Wouht wouht” sound from the teacher in the Charlie brown cartoons, except for when I got to #3….. Hmmm…

A23-L-M-N-O-P? :icon45:

Just kidding. I'm seriously confused by all the engine names/codes that people use:oops: For me, it's LSx or a CID number.

Thats cool if you don't mind watching the world of technology pass you by... like rotary telephones, B&W TV's, typewriters.... They all worked just fine, why change?:mrgreen:

Sorry if this sounded rude... I was kidding around and my sarcasm didn't translate well.