HybridZ

Info on the next HybridZ build...

COZY Z COLE

We are going to build two cars associated with HybridZ. Super Dan is flying to my place and trailer back to his place my 72 240Z. Dr. Hunt will trailer his 74 260Z to Dan's place and drop it off. Doc will pick my 240Z up at Dan's place and take it back to NM. Both of these cars are being donated to HybridZ.

The 260Z at Dan's place will use parts from the Pink's car and be a 6 cylinder Turbo build. We want to see what the Pink's build could really have done....

The 240Z at Doc's will, at this point, be a V8 Single Turbo build.

The movement of the cars will happen next month. There will be a dedicated Forum for these two builds that will be open to all members. The build and the forum will be controlled by the Admin staff. The forum will have specific rules to follow and they will be enforced and monitored.

These cars will have full interior and good paint jobs. We will be looking for members to help on these projects.

This is just a snap shot of the projects, more details will be in the new Forum.

72 240Z- V8 Single Turbo

74 260Z- L6 Turbo

LARRY

Very cool, it will be nice to see just what kind of numbers the pinks car could have produced.

is it an early 260? Why not use the 240Z for the turbo car to save a bit of weight. chances are the TurboV8 will not be short on power.

Are you going to make both cars dual purpose cars? meaning drag racing/track cars or just straight drag? I can see how the turbo V8 would probably be best suited for an all out drag car, leaving the L6turbo car as a street/strip machine.

anywho, sounds fun, wish I could donate some time/fab skills to the projects but seeing as how I'm in Texas thats probably not possible.

what parts will/may be used from the pinks car? rear end, special diff mount that was used on it, Z32 tranny w/adapter, rollbar, seat, megasquirt, guages(if not damaged)?

I am sure this will be addressed when the build(s) start(s) but I was just wondering...

I will answer this question now.... Every usable part from the Pinks car is going with it to Dan's house. Keep in mind that some donated parts never made it from FLA./TX. to Doc's home. We suspect they are on some former member's cars or were sold or traded.

Let's not rehash the past in this thread or it will be locked......

LARRY

I will answer this question now.... Every usable part from the Pinks car is going with it to Dan's house. Keep in mind that some donated parts never made it from FLA./TX. to Doc's home. We suspect they are on some former member's cars or were sold or traded.

Let's not rehash the past in this thread or it will be locked......

LARRY

understood...

I was just listing the stuff that I saw that Doc took photos of when the car got to NM...

Thanks Larry

If you need any paint ideas, there are some sweet ones floating around the body/paint section right about now...I think it would be cool if you did a two tone, and reversed it on the sister car (like how Jun Auto Mechanic does the Hyper Lemon drag cars and the Hyper Lime street cars). How exactly the colors would be seperated I don't have a suggestion as of yet...

• Administrators

Okie dokie… Rusch Motorsports is on board, of course the fine print/details need to be worked out, but suffice to say, We would be glad to offer our services, for either or both projects, Especially L-6 cylinder head work…

You can post me directly at braapZ350@hotmail.com or ruschmotorsports@hotmail.com

Paul