HybridZ

My at-home arcade project

auxilary

arcade.jpg

picked up an original SF2 cabinet for $20. Found 4 quarters in it, so it's really $19. It's pretty beat up, needs work, but usable. I am currently building a front control pad so I can fit more controls on it. The TV is a walmart $140 unit 24", hooks up to an old pc running MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator), which will be serving about 500-600 oldschool arcade games, ranging from Pacman to Marvel Superheroes vs. Street Fighter. Almost everything from early 80s to late 90s.

Controls are from x-arcade, lifetime warranty for 2 joysticks, 20 buttons, and $30 for all of hte above. Controls are hacked up sony playstation controllers that I soldered and rewired to work with the arcade buttons and joysticks, and they run through a USB converter on the PC. This also allows me to hook up my PS2 if I want to play any fighting games from it.

So far total cost of the project has been $190, and $140 of that was the TV

Sweet..

I'm running MAME on the desktop too. I'd like to build a dedicated one sometime also... got way too many projects going on though.

You outta put in a trackball off to the side or in the middle for those few games that need it.. can you get them also ?