HybridZ

my 3.1 build

AE2ZX

moving along with my Project Z thinking about making a 3.1 f-54 block.

for my next monster turbo build .

i pulled my old block apart and started preping it ..

going to strip it of everything and send it out to a good shop?

{still looking into FINDING ONE :( } 000_0578.jpg This will be a long term project .

i will be using this thread as my starting point for researching .so if you are working on your 3.1 build or have any ideas then please feel free to post them up .

Has anyone tryed this kit that msa makes is it a good kit for 3.1 builds?:icon53:

seem a little pricey but understandabley so :ugg:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PEM05

One thing to think about with 3/3.1/3.2L builds is how thick your cylinder walls are.

If your going to be dragging, thats not a big issue (the engine runs at WOT for 20seconds maximum) but if your road racing and doing prolonged WOT runs then that'll be a much bigger consideration.

Also when your running lots of HP/boost becareful of thin walls.

Other then that just make sure its quality work.

Hmmm 3.1L holset....

Personally I want to do a 3L build so I can keep my walls pretty thick and keep the piston weights low. But then again thats the long term as I only have the engine and no car....

Phil, hows the boost response with 2.8L?

~Alex

boost response with the 2.8 is awsome iam very very stoked with how the swap turned out iam over 1800 miles and running like a champ:)

so the 3.0 build would be better for a turbo'd road racer build because of the wall thickness :)

hmhmhmh thaTS good info ..i didnt think about that ..i need to DO more research ..i pretty much havent had a chance to read alot of posts on bigger bore L MOTORS ...

is there a better place to buy all the parts i will need other than msa?

this link here seems like the top of the line kits but would cost more :)

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/page5.htm

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/CONTENTS.htm

/

looks like i could order one thing from every page and still not have all i want and

i will have spent more money then is in fort knox ;)

You can usually find a stroker crank on ebay for about 300 bucks. or search the junk, yards for the disel maxima. Ebay would probably be the faster way to get one. they seem to show up about once or twice a month.

Matt-

P.S. I have a set of 8mm L24 rods that I would be willing to trade for a P90 head.

You may have seen it already - but check out my webpage in my signature. Granted I wrote it nearly 10 years ago, but fundamentally, most of the info is good and still accurate. Someday, (after I get my RB26 up and running and build another stroker), I'll update the webpage. For example, I say the F54 is the best block - and for many reasons it is, but the N47 block is just as good - and for both you need to check your wall thickness. It walks through many of the basics if you haven't read them already.

The cylinder head choices are well covered in posts here at hybridz and have been discussed ad-naseum, (great info in those threads).

-Bob