HybridZ

VQ35DE/6speed in 260z already in progress.

peej410

http://www.engineswaptech.com/forums/1/1257/ShowThread.aspx

This is copied from Engineswaptech.com the best source ive found for VQ swaps.

heres some pictures of the preliminary trial.

IMG_8158s.jpg

IMG_8159s.jpg

IMG_8160s.jpg

IMG_8162s.jpg

IMG_8177s.jpg

IMG_8180s.jpg

before you guys say anything about the seatbelt... it was the best way to lift the motor without damaging the composite valvecovers :)

the tranny tunnel needs some sensuous massaging and the cross member needs a cut and paste. then an engine cross member, custom tranny and engine mounts, subframe connectors, custom tranny cross member then exhaust and wiring.

more pics for you guys!!

it will be a bear to load all of them.

IMG_8280s.jpg

IMG_8293s.jpg

IMG_8294s.jpg

IMG_8295s.jpg

IMG_8300s.jpg

IMG_8301s.jpg

IMG_8302s.jpg

IMG_8281s.jpg

IMG_8285s.jpg

IMG_8290s.jpg

IMG_8292s.jpg

The manifolds are still towards the front. The built in oil cooler is out of the question. With some firewall massaging the stock plenum should work. (sans hoodlatch of course) The motor needs to shift to the passengerside about an inch. The transmission tunnel could have been left intact if i felt like drilling out every spot weld that held the stock tranny mount brace in place. Its easier to just cut the tunnel and weld a new piece of sheet metal in for me :) The water temp sensor should have just BARELY enough room to fit. Shifter location wont be bad at all aswell. :)

• 2 weeks later...

great pictures,worth a 1000's words. however could you take a pic at ground level from the front to show how much or if the oil pan is below the front crossmember. thanks

I'm in the process of starting something very similar with a VQ30 from a Maxima. I'm in the last year of school (of 8 total) and working full time, so I don't see a whole lot getting done until this time next year after I graduate.

I'm very interested to see how things go for you. Thanks for the links to your other threads. Any other threads on this in other areas I'm interested in also, so keep us updated.

Very nice:2thumbs: You could even install a small bunk bet in there for the long trips LOL. Your shifter seems like it's goin' to exit right in front of the dash's center section, I think you'll have to fab an extention to the shifter otherwise you'll be skinning your knuckles with every 1-3-5-R shifts. No??

Keep us posted.

The shifter linkage looks to be similar to that on a Z32 box, its that universal jointed part you can see through the shift hole. So its way too far back as is, my guess is the builder will cut it off at the uni joint and fab up something to mount it there.