• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

OHSU campus...

ohsu.jpg

BRAAP and I worked on this building for months.

Its difficult to capture its odd shape, a combination of compound angles, on a curve...

ohsu2.jpg

Located above Portland, the view from inside can be stunning at times. Some of BRAAP's earlier night pictures were taken in this building, pre-glazed.

The skeletonized structure on the right is an aerial tram, one of Portland's more controversial projects...

tramcar.jpg

• Administrators
nice architectural shots Ron!

is that with the extension tube?

Depends on what tube is mounted but, for example, the 36mm tube reduces maximum focus distance down to around 4 feet (with my 200mm lense)... so no 'architectural shots' for the tubes.

• Administrators

FakeFlowers.jpg

I've been had.

I'm driving along and notice our town graveyard has a few bouquet's of flowers all nicely frosted over. Pulled in, snapped two quick shots to get a feel for framing. Look at the preview, zoom in and.... what the? LCD is showing a distinctively symmetric pattern... you know, kind of like synthetic. Take a better look at the 'flowers' and sure enough... fake :banghead: I didn't bother to take any more.

Outside of the humility, you gotta admit there's a certain irony in placing artificial flowers on a tombstone, eh?

Finally took some more, some are you cliche-esq beach scenes but I had fun with the practice.

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

Playing around with light, tis always fun.

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

Tyson

(and now back to your regularly scheduled Rontyler showcase :P )

• Administrators
...having an amazing saturation...

The D80 is wonderful with color. Reds really bang.

You've noticed I'm not a big 'color guy'. For the most part, If the colors don't zing, I don't want any. B&W floats my boat, more often than not.

Finally took some more, some are you cliche-esq...

Thats the real trick, isnt it? A picture can be technically correct in all the way's we can find to define it, but if it doesn't 'make us think', its just another picture. Its one of the (many) things I'm stuggling with myself.

Thats the real trick, isnt it? A picture can be technically correct in all the way's we can find to define it, but if it doesn't 'make us think', its just another picture. Its one of the (many) things I'm stuggling with myself.

Quite honestly its one of the many reasons I don't take as many pictures. I over censor myself with pictures I've seen, or try too hard to find that grandiose mind blowing make you think picture, reality that I've been finding is I do it by accident really. When I stop thinking about making an impression on someone and make an impression I like and seeing if it comes across, my pictures are better or at least make me happy. Anyways a little picture philosophy, I really need to start taking some more pics.

Tyson

I'm no professional, I just take pics of what I like. Usually cars and airplanes. I just have a regular Kodak digital camera, I've got too many hobbies to get serious into photography. Anyways, here are some of my favorites from the last year or so. Theres a bunch, hope you dont mind.

Here's a test of your quality spotting skill, Two of these pics were taken with a high dollar Canon digital camera and the rest were taken with my little Kodak. Can you tell which are the Canon pics?

100_0239.jpg

100_0076.jpg

100_0174.jpg

100_0089.jpg

100_0185.jpg

100_1157.jpg

100_0882.jpg

100_0806.jpg

100_1972.jpg

100_1928.jpg