tfreer85

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE... you asked for it.

these were taken and only colour corrected and noise-reduced. I have to turn the D-Lighting feature and Auto-ISO off to get some good images, but then again... that requires use of a tripod.

Still trying to get used to this thing.

Hey ron, she single? :oops:

dsc_1195441.jpg

dsc_1162421.jpg

a bit of an aberration on this image near the top right. in need of a polarized filter.

dsc_0961807.jpg

More to come when I get to use it a bit more!!!!

Wow, excellent pictures Ron.

And Careless, I really, really like the colors in the first garage one for some reason.

A friend and I were flipping through some pictures I'd taken about a year ago, and he helped me edit a few, since he has such a good eye for shots.

Original Picture. Nothing really special at all, lots of nasty reflections and unwanted things in the picture (including a sleeping cousin). I took it because I had no other way of capturing the scenery.

P1020090.jpg

Edit Ver. 1

P1020090c.jpg

Edit Ver. 2

P1020090b-c.jpg

I don't know how many of my friends have asked what movie that second edit is from.

Another:

P1010502b.jpg

Here's a random selection of favorite photos taken at Sandy Hook and Mount Mitchill Park, NJ- which is actually the highest point on the Eastern Seaboard from Maine to the Yucatan Peninsula!

Other locations are:

Red clouds at sunset is in the Navesink River, NJ

Rainbow is at East Hampton, NY

Cloudy Beach is at Asbury Park, NJ

Foggy mountainside solar flare is in the Catskill Mountains, NY

I'd welcome you to check out my Flick page (link below) with a lot more photos.

Amazing Rainbow_thumb.jpg

Amazing Sunset!_thumb.jpg

looks fast sitting still_thumb.jpg

Asbury Park, NJ boardwalk, Summer 08_thumb.jpg

Navesink River sunset_thumb.jpg

Sandy Hook & NY Harbor approaches_thumb.jpg

sun sparks_thumb.jpg

Z at Mt Mitchill_thumb.jpg

Z rocket launcher_thumb.jpg

A couple more-

Eagle Monument to the 9/11 victims of Monmouth County, NJ- Mt. Mitchill w/NYC in background

The steel beam clutched in its talons actually came from Ground Zero. My county was one of the most hard hit areas.

Sunset thru fence, Sandy Hook, NJ

I can't wait to upgrade to something around 8-12 megapixels. Now using Pentax 3.2, and an oldie but goodie 3.0.

Or my trusty Canon F-1 with about 25 lenses.

Picket Fence Sunset-resized_thumb.jpg

9122_thumb.attach

First I'll post my favorites from Z land. Later I'll have to dig through my recent Zion, Lake Powell and Havasupai pics. I still shoot with a film based SLR, so some have yet to be developed.

The head 1fastZ built for me.

headangle.jpg

My rebuild going back in.

engineinstall.jpg

Yes, that is climbing webbing and carabiners. This was done in the backyard.

First I'll post my favorites from Z land. Later I'll have to dig through my recent Zion, Lake Powell and Havasupai pics. I still shoot with a film based SLR, so some have yet to be developed.*snip*

Please do! Lake Havasu is the most beautiful place I think I've ever seen! That waterfall!!!

Especially film-based. I think they just capture something a digital SLR can never do. Just try to imagine the "dpi" of Kodachrome or Velvia! :rockon:

I do a lot with DSLR, but it still is missing something, IMHO. Perhaps if I switched to 12mp or so...

Some of the pix above are astonishingly great- that photo of the flags on the stone building. Wow. Among others.

Here are some of last year's pictures and some from this year. They were developed at Wally World then scanned, so this was the best I could come up with for quick corrections.

Lake Powell last year

lp07.jpg

Highway outside Kanab, UT last year

kanab07.jpg

Highway outside Page, AZ

page07.jpg

On the way to Flagstaff, AZ

flag07.jpg

Beaver Falls at edge of Supai reservation

falls08.jpg

Havasupai Falls

havfalls08.jpg

Now I have to finish off that last roll. Then I'll develop pics from Powell and Zion.

Well, I was taking a photography class this summer a friend of mine was teaching. Here's some of the shots I had printed up at the end of it:

DSCI0012.jpg

DSCI0031.jpg

DSCI0225.jpg

Since everyone asks, this was a candle being dropped into water. You can even see the black wick. The image was mildly photoshopped. There's a layer that's a chrome filter, but I think I had it on Vivid Light. I had another layer with a cross hatch patter to add some texture to the image. I worked on it quite a while getting the lighting and color to feel right, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I have several others from the same series I want to get to editing.

DSCI0510.jpg

We were asked to do a self portrait, with little to no restriction on how to do it. This is what I came up with

DSCI0489.jpg

DSCI0169.jpg

Here's some other photos I thought about printing, just decided they either weren't on par, or didn't fit well.

DSCI0135.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010128.jpg

DSCI0527.jpg

Guest 280ZForce

I have come to find editing pics on my Mac I get complaints from a lot of "pc" guys saying my colors are off and yada yada... but then they see how vivid and good it looks on my computer and they hush up...

Anyway here's some from my daily point and shoot Canon S3 IS...

Motel in Long Beach, not edited, it's actually Driftwood, but "wood" lights were out...

IMG_2815a.jpg

Island hopping in Hawaii, took this pic out the plane window...

IMG_2392a.jpg

And now with my Canon Rebel XTi, still learning to use it...

Just reminded me of The Lion King...

IMG_2062a.jpg

Sunset from China Wall in Hawaii on the outskirts of Honolulu, Oahu...

IMG_1670f.jpg

Three-horned chameleon in the rain forest on the Big Island Hawaii...

IMG_1995a.jpg

Sea turtle on the coast of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii...

IMG_1296c.jpg

Gecko that was right outside our hotel room in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii...

IMG_1271c.jpg

Flower in a pond in Newport Beach at a Hotel...

IMG_3363c.jpg

And my son during Labor Day weekend when I took him to an Angel's baseball game...

IMG_4666a.jpg