HybridZ

Just bought a turbo 280ZX..

SilentNight1647

..and I think I got the deal of the century. The car is in great shape, with no rust to speak of and really good paint. That's not the best part though, it's got a stroker L28T in it, R200 LSD, close ratio 5-speed, MSD ignition and all sorts of other stuff that I'm not even sure what it does. That's still not the best part though, I payed $2700 for it. I couldn't beleive the ad when I saw it, I thought the guy was a scammer until I actually saw the car, it is a work of art, the motor itself only has 6000 miles on it and it was built to be a thumper, all forged internals from Nissan, Garret T3/T4 turbo, Merceedes throttle body, ported head, intake, and exhaust.

I've only got theese two pictures from the ad but I will post more when I go home for leave in a week or so.

280ZXBack.jpg

280ZXFront.jpg

Very nice!

The wheels are CCW - Completely Custom Wheels.

Florida does not need emissions - luckily.

Do you have documentation on the close ratio 5speed. The reason I say this as the Close Ratio gear sets were around $2500-$3000 to buy without having to pay someone reputable to actually build the tranny with them.

Also I hope he gave you documentation on the engine rebuild that you can share. How does it run?

Please post some engine pics!

Awesome car.

Yasin

The wheels are a one-off custom, the guy warned me not hit anything because he doesn't even know where to go to get another set and they measure 16x9 up front and 16x10 in the rear, I don't have documentation on the motor build or trans I think the car was kind of a garage build by a factory tech some years ago. The story I got was that a Nissan tech built the car for IMSA racing years ago but had to sell it because of relocation of his job, that's when the guy I bought it from got it and he held onto it for awhile and now it's mine. I know the damn thing turns a hellacious amount of RPM down the highway but whether it is acutally a close ratio or not I don't know. I am having the car dynoed after the 1st of the year so I know what kind of power it is putting down. As far as emissions go it was liscensed in VA so I think it does but I'm taking back to Nebraska where we don't have emissions test. I really want to post more pics but my camera is 1400mi away back in Nebraska and I'm in Virginia at NAS Oceana right now so I can't post any for a week or so. Oh, and last but not least it runs like a scalded dog, he claimed an 11.55 at 139 was the fastest it had ever done in the 1/4 but I won't be able to verify that until the tracks open up in the spring.

The wheels are a one-off custom, the guy warned me not hit anything because he doesn't even know where to go to get another set and they measure 16x9 up front and 16x10 in the rear.

Those are CCW's just like Yasin mentioned above. I have 16" x 8" on my 240Z. If you bend or break them, figure on $450-$650 per wheel at least.

I'll be happy to trade you 2 of my CCW wheels for any two of yours so I can stagger mine :mrgreen:

Davy

I will give you all a full report on the 22nd when I get home I'm trailoring the car home, so I will only be able to drive it a few more times in the next week when I'm not on duty or working late, but dear God the car is a marvel in it's own right, it handles like a dream and has enough snort to put your balls in your throat.

he claimed an 11.55 at 139 was the fastest it had ever done in the 1/4 but I won't be able to verify that until the tracks open up in the spring.

Well if thats true then you should be putting down over 450 HP to the ground with those trap numbers! MPH seems a bit high but the 11.55 I could believe.

Either way, smokin deal!!

Also what kind of rear suspension does it have? I want to know how he got 10" rims in the rear with out flares or rolling the fenders(atleast it doesn't look like their rolled...)

Guest 280ZForce

just wow on that deal...no idea why he sold it for that much.

but congrats on the killer deal. The wheels alone are worth about that price new.

depending on the engine specs....the engine might be worth more than that price as well. and just the whole condition of that car is worth more than that without an engine or wheels!

Just gorgeous. cant wait to see some higher def pics!