HybridZ

RC Car chassis...

Mikelly

Obviously you are looking for on-road. You should get gas-powered just because well, its gas powered! Nothing like a nitro engine screaming up and down the street.

Like the others said, the Associated Nitro TC3 is an EXCELLENT car with lots of parts availability and it just plain handles very well. The Nitro 4-tec I would be iffy about. Yes it's insanely fast, but its very hard to work on, plus aftermarket support isn't that great. I used to race a Nitro 4-tec Pro for a couple of years, and the car was just too outdated even 3 years ago. There are several better, more modern on-road cars on the market now.

As far as the shumacher goes, I would not recommend it at all. First off, good luck finding parts or getting any good customer service. Second, the 3-speed in that car is extremely impractical especially with the big block engine. The off-road track I race at had a 1/5th scale size on-road track, where 1/10/8th scales also race on. I once saw a fusion on the 300ft back straightaway and as soon as that thing shifts into 3rd it completely loses control with all the torque from the big block at those speeds. Stick with the basic 2-speed and just get a sick .12 size engine w/ a nice exhaust.

So go for the associated nitro tc3, I would recommend you look into the mugen mtx-4 if your willing to spend the money, and I would also highly recommend the Hpi R40. Normally I hate HPI, but for the price of the R40, it's an extremely well made car and is very competitive with the Mugens/serpents/tc3's.

If your looking for electric, Im no help, I'm a nitro guy. Unless you want a brushless mini. I had a kyosho mini inferno with a wraith 7k, 11v lipo and that thing would destroy any nitro car ever made, and probably any car up to 60mph. 0-60mph in 2 seconds baby. :-D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not the Z but its closer relative the 510

and still searching for the Z

http://www.datsuns.com/510/RC510-body.htm

I don't know how I missed this thread but I am the guy that sells the 510 bodies. I am sold out of the clear bodies but still have a few of the white ones.

rc510-1.jpg

I will offer them to Hybrid Z members for $15.00 plus $7.50 shipping in the Continental US.

You will get one white 510 body and one decal sheet. PM me if you want one.

See the website for more info:

http://www.datsuns.com/510/RC510-body.htm

Guys, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to scale on these things... The bodies both are I think 1/10 scale... The S30 was the one that I think Owen had a run made of, and the 510 is from David's 510 club run!

Mike

The 510 body is 1/10th scale and has a 210mm wheelbase.

Old HPI Nitro chassis should work or the Tamiya M-02, M-03. Just check the wheelbase. You can also cut down a 225mm chassis to fit.

The newer Tamiya Mini Cooper Chassis should fit too but it is FWD.

My son has a 240z, 350z and a 300zx he had shipped from China a few years back. Not sure what scale. I'll have to ask if he's interested in selling any of them. Now that he has a full sized car of his own, he's looking to liquidate his other "toys" to buy some performance parts...

JUSTIN.....where did you get it? lol

I thought I was done with R/C cars but I guess not because I want on again.

Here is my old setup

104-0405_IMG.JPG

Can anyone tell what it is.....this was very first Hybrid! Sorry I do no have anymore pics of it.

I plan on getting another car...and yes I want a 510 and 240 body.

Heh yep. The trx 2.5 with one of those monster cooling heads.

My own 'first hybrid'. A 2.5 tmaxx with the xtm big block kit and an ofna/picco .26....10 lbs and 2.5 horses.... That thing hauled some serious tail. That's like having 500 horses in a 2000lb car.

03080002.jpg

Sold that a few years ago though. I need to break out my OS .18 powered revo for a day...haven't played with it in a year.

I am so out of the loop now.......I have no clue what is the "hottest" car on the market now.....back then it was the TC3....I should have bought one of them. I use to give them a run for the money upstairs.....that trx motor was the newest motor out at the time.

Well I'm going to make the leap and buy something like a TC3... If anyone has a 1/10 scale for sale, contact me offline... Ill be buying by next weekend.

Mike

You won't be sorry with the TC3.....I plan on picking one up when I am out of school.