HybridZ

ZG flares on 280zx?

JDMFairladyZX

PICT1240.jpg

Same car different paint.

DSCN18871.jpg

Wow that looks great! Do you know the owner of that car? I want to ask if he had to mod the flares to get them to fit flush. BTW does anyone know what front air dam is that??? Looks sick! I love how the turn signals are relocated and the side skirts look great too. Now that Im thinking about it, I want my Z to look like that! Love the XR4s too:-D

Yeah I thought so, RHD and japanese plate and Blitz,HKS and Trust decals all over it. believe it or not I love the look of the japanese Zs, both the S30s and S130s, seems like over there theres a much bigger aftermarket. I constantly see pics of 280zxs (i know, i know theyre 280Zs overthere:icon12:) with different widebody kits and such.

• 3 months later...

well this is an old thread bump but i saw a S13 240sx the other day...with ZG flares and that reminded me again of them ever fitting on a S130. I think im gonna have to be the first person to do this since i seem to be the only person who interested in them. No one knows of a single S130 with ZG flares?

yea, im lost too? pics up top? those are s30 zg's bolted to the s130....

Are they? They look similar, but we don't know for certain that they in fact are S30 flares...They make S13 ZG style flares that are not sized to fit an S30 now too...Those style fender flares are available for many different model cars other than the S30 there & are a popular mod on older sportscars in Japan. (I know that when I lived in Japan, there was a LOT of stuff that was available there we never get a chance to see in the US!). I guess that's what a lot of us want to know...do the S30 ZG flares we can get from places like MSA fit on a ZX, without hacking them up to hell...

Here's a link to S13 ZG style flares:

http://www.pdm-racing.com/features/240sx4.html

DSC06520.jpg

Also available from raceonusa (in CF)

http://www.raceonusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3777&HS=1

• 2 months later...
Are they? They look similar, but we don't know for certain that they in fact are S30 flares...They make S13 ZG style flares that are not sized to fit an S30 now too...Those style fender flares are available for many different model cars other than the S30 there & are a popular mod on older sportscars in Japan. (I know that when I lived in Japan, there was a LOT of stuff that was available there we never get a chance to see in the US!). I guess that's what a lot of us want to know...do the S30 ZG flares we can get from places like MSA fit on a ZX, without hacking them up to hell...

Here's a link to S13 ZG style flares:

http://www.pdm-racing.com/features/240sx4.html

Also available from raceonusa (in CF)

http://www.raceonusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3777&HS=1

I agree, Why would they specify on MSA that the ZG flares are for the s30 if they could fit on the s130? We NEED to get to the bottom of this. The ZG flares are going to be required for the extreamly doped ZX!

Guest TeamNissan
I agree, Why would they specify on MSA that the ZG flares are for the s30 if they could fit on the s130? We NEED to get to the bottom of this. The ZG flares are going to be required for the extreamly doped ZX!

Very easy way to get the bottom of this if you NEED to lol. Buy them and see.

Very easy way to get the bottom of this if you NEED to lol. Buy them and see.

I was trying to think of a method where i wouldnt be out 200 big ones..:) Also if i were to do this, would i be able to send them back if they didnt fit? Doubt it. I wish i had an S30 to use them on if they didnt work for my s130. Maybe ill try to give msa a call?

http://zdriver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20355&page=3

read post #33, I hope this helps. I plan on eventually running ZG flairs. I think theyd go great with my BRE spoiler

Ooh BTW the answer. i was over at MSA and Sal was so friendly to unpack a set of ZG's for me.

He had a 280zx and a 240 sitting out back. to mount them on the s30 you need to push the ends together a bit ( the arch is to big otherwhise) Guess what!! it is the same with an s130 so the s30 ones fit a s130 with only minor tweaking !!

..:icon31: