HybridZ

how far is your z worth?

clsatt

To get my current 280ZX, I flew to SoCal and drove it all the way back to Portland Oregon, about an 18hr drive. That was by myself with no cell phone to call for help. Made it with no problems until the headgasket blew five minutes from my house!

Aaron

I drove 2.1 miles to get mine. $1400 and it was a daily driver condition except needed battery. Lil rust I have found, during my paint job still in progress (going on four months). Anyone in Orlando give me good deal on shootin' the paint for me. Got the paint and all major work done, just need contrast coat sand and paint.

I live in Southern California. I flew up to Sacramento and rented a car, drove another 2 hrs to get mine. Drove it home at night with no tail lights !

The can has pretty much zero rust as far as I can tell. Oh, it came with the 1964 327 in it, and a BAR sticker to boot.

-Les

• 2 weeks later...

I think I found my Z. its an early vin 1970 240z. I'll be driving 450 miles to NC to pick it up, that is if it is everything this guy sais it is. looks clean, only minor rust, guy bought it from the origional owners in california about two years ago. lets hope for the best.

chris

Had mine brought to me by AAA and the car was donated to me:mrgreen: . Car sat in a garage for 15 years and I got it from the original owner. The fuel pump went out in 1989 so he parked it in his garage and put a cover over it. Still had the '89 tags when I got it in 2004 and it still has the original yellow Oregon plates. Still have the tag from the drivers side sun shade explaining to the driver not to race the car during warm up haha. Definitly has come a long way since I got it.

bought the car from cousin. He told me it was cake and it was something I can finish in three months. Needed "some" body work and some tuning. Project went strong for two months straight. Got the car to run and it was awsome. Took a auto body class in highschool to learn how to do bodywork. They taught only the basics. By the time I realized it, It really wasn't three months of work. Everything was a disaster!!! EVerything need to be rewelded. You name it and it had to be welded. Its been a year and 3 months. Pretty much completed all the welding except the seat brackets. Pretty much just putting the car together now and getting ready to straighten everything out for bodywork. I am down 4 grand more or less :/. Never the less its worth it.

got my newest one about 15 miles away at a impound lot junkyard for $200 which had a fairly recent paint job(2 tone silver and blue) and i just replaced windows, welded up floors and rails, and brakes and a few brake lines and now im using it as my daily driver. only took me $300 and 2 weeks =). my 240 was also bout 15 miles away but i get her home and find that she is one of the rustiest cars i have ever seen lol.

My '73 240Z came to me about 4 years ago. The guy drove it about 2 miles from his house. Paid $500 for a fairly rust free strong-running car. Now have a garage space and am in the process of doing the 280ZXT turbo swap. Currently only have about $800 invested but a ground up along with the swap should make my wallet empty.

I was driving my first car (92 geo storm hunchback) into the ground with a crankshaft pulley/woodruff key issue, and had just worn out my second pulley and key when suddenly my 75 280-to-be appeared parked on the corner at my house for $300. Far from rust free, and it needed an ignition lock, but it was a solid car (other than the passenger's floorboards) AND it had a five speed.

I will never forget that first sit-down.. I looked at the knob and saw the green 4 speed pattern, started shifting her through the gears and didnt find fifth.. until i was just resting my hand on the shifter, in *just* the right spot, and hit the clutch pedal. It fell right into 5th gear, and I knew she was for me....

She has sat now for 2 1/2 years while my cash situation has simply gone further and further downhill, but life is changing and she is going to run by this time next year, come whatever may. (and no, I haven't said this for the last 2 1/2 years.. honest... :rolleyes: