HybridZ

Regional forums, please!

auxilary

guys, I think we should have regional forums listed:

west, northwest, midwest, north east, south east, texas, etc

this would make it easier to schedule group events, local bartering, info, etc. For example, let's say I need to get a bunch of spare steelies to roll my car around. It'd be easier for me to voice this in a regional forum rather than in the general motorsports or non-tech board

well, obviously we'd including AU/NZ, canada region, europe

we have a z guy in iraq, even.

i put texas separately because it's easier and there are a lot of z guys in texas. easier than just identifying them with "south" region.

Guest 280ZForce

We could definitely use these regional Forums... CA needs a So Cal and Nor Cal section. Would help immensely when I set up my monthly Hybrid Z meets.

Guest 280ZForce
It would be cool to know how many other Z guys/gals are in your area. Is there already a way to find out?

hmmm...let's see late last year i went through the entire member's list (yes, i was bored) but also dedicated Z owner and trying to organize things for us to have fun. But I got down everyone's name I could to send out PMs every month fot Hybrid Z meets. I must PM atleast 250 people every month, but have no idea how many of them frequent the board still. And I know there is more here is So Cal.

Just hard when some people only put CA, so I have no idea where in CA they are.

Wow, so much bickering over so little. Here in NM I could be my own forum all together. Gee, I'll have to buy me a couple of mirrors, just to have a z meet!

Ok, so here's a possible breakdown.

Texas is big, but take alaska, tear it in half and still have the two biggest states in the union.

What exactly is the purpose of regional forums? Warren lives in the south (which is anything south of arkansas IMO, not to be confused with the Deep South), along with scottie, z-gad, grumpy, and a whole pile of others.

East, well, that's east of the mississippi, which includes folks like Mike Kelly and pardon me, my brain can't remember anyone else over there except muspuppies I think, no wait he's in Kentucky. States like Illinois, Indiana, New York, Maine, Jersey, Mass, etc, etc.

Texas, well, Texas is just that, it really doesn't belong to the union anymore, hats to big, boots to big, butts we love ya'll anyway!

We have Nextel group which is the carolinas.

Then you have the north which is anything above colorado, like wyoming, montana, SD, ND, Michigan, Wisconsin.

Then there is the midwest, which is iowa, kansas and nebraska.

Then there is the hillbilly group, oklahoma, arkansas, West Virginia and Virginia, Tenessee, Kentucky. Sorry guys and gals, but even you know it's all too true.

Of course, the southwest region, NM and AZ, simple and sweet, nobody can stand the heat, but at least good rust free cars come from down here.

Then there is the West which is Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and Idaho.

Which brings us to Northwest, which is Washington and oregon.

California, deserves it's own, just because everyone that's from there thinks they are special cause they have more money than the rest of us do. Well, they do so deal with it. Everything in California costs twice as much as anywhere else. Yup, even strippers!

The frozen group is Canada and alaska. We never hear from them till spring cause the keyboard is frozen!!

International group, which is everywhere else other than the continental 48, alaska and canada. Yes, Hawii is international.

Okay Doc... We get your sarcasm and we forgive you. Yes indeed we're all "special" in our own way:)

I think the idea is that it would be nice to know who is nearby so we can get together for chats, gawk at each others' cars, have some beer or coffee, and bitch about HZ admins. Uh... that last one's a joke:mrgreen:

EXAMPLE: I didn't know until recently that there are at least two HZ members within just a few minutes drive of me.

Oh and... YEEE-HAAWW ((Texas style))!!!