HybridZ

Buried Alive!

1 tuff z

Haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! The great North, I feel you pain guys, I live even further up north, across the boarder, I'm in the same situation. I did a head gasket outside last week an it started snowing and blowing like hell, not fun at all.

:cheers:

Alex, from the great with north.

Knowing EvilC personally, I am sure at least one part of one of his cars is in a warm climate somewhere. He has stuff all over the place!

My car is in the shed until further notice. There is about 2" of snow on the ground and about 3" of salt on the road. :wink:

Actually guys, that's pretty mild compared to what the winters were like in Northern NY back in the late 60's and thru the 70's.

I can remember winters when the temps wouldn't get above 0 for a month or more at a time, and we'd never see bare lawn from Nov thru March or April.

With the unpredictability of the jet stream now, and the milder temps overall, anyone living near the Great Lakes is going to get hammered with snow any time a cold front comes across the open water of any of the lakes.

I don't know if Dave grew up in Rochester, but if he did, I think he'll agree that overall the winters are nothing like they were when we were kids.

Actually guys, that's pretty mild compared to what the winters were like in Northern NY back in the late 60's and thru the 70's.

I can remember winters when the temps wouldn't get above 0 for a month or more at a time, and we'd never see bare lawn from Nov thru March or April.

With the unpredictability of the jet stream now, and the milder temps overall, anyone living near the Great Lakes is going to get hammered with snow any time a cold front comes across the open water of any of the lakes.

I don't know if Dave grew up in Rochester, but if he did, I think he'll agree that overall the winters are nothing like they were when we were kids.

:iagree:

...Nothing like coming inside from 4 degrees with 30mph winds covered with snow and getting into the rocking chair in front of the 800 degree woodstove with my hot cup of tea and oreo cookies!

Take your hot humid weather and.....keep it. I like the cold.

current outside temp hovering around 0 f. wind chill drops it below zero, colder than a witches tit in a brass bra! yes, i grew up here in upstate, ny and still remember winter of [i think] 67. dad had to crawl out of the window to get outside-drifts and snowfall prevented us opening the door! my little bro and i dug tunnels in the snow while dad tackled the job of digging out the house, driveway, cars, etc. i don't think the temp in my uninsulated, unheated garage is much better and i'm NOT looking forward to doing any work till it warms up a bit! our plan this weekend is to move the 74 260 out of the garage to the spot where the evil z is now. evilz then gets to come in the garage. hope-evil tires aren't frozen to the driveway, tires too flat spotted to roll, car cover isn't frozen to car and we're able to remove it. need to get the snow off first. think i'll watch [from the house window] while clive tackles that part. the 260 is still for sale if anyone is interested. had it on ebay 2x but hasn't quite reached the price point we're looking for...

that's fine with me, however-think about this. the spare 260z eng/tranny is in front of your z, grass/basketball pole to the right and the snow you dumped on the left. your option now, roll it down the driveway, park it there while we roll the 260z down then try to push it back to your spot and then try to push your z uphill into the garage. or...you could simply push the snow onto the grass-right of the car...up to u! i know, i'll take pics for the enjoyment of others on hybrid!