HybridZ

Post Your Interior Photos!

zfever

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the wheel ran around $250 when I bought it 12-18 months ago. Definitely an improvement over stock.

mmracesw.jpg

I have the same steering wheel. I like MOMO wheels in general, although I like Personal steering wheels too. I'm not much of a Grant fan, but to each his own.

Davy

I finally figured out where these seats came from. They are out of an early 80's BMW 320is and made by Recaro.

That was the first seats I was planning to put into my Z when I redid the floors. What kind of seat brackets did you use to fit them? If you can be more detail. Got a nice pair sitting at home and they are very comfortable. I found a good deal on the Recaro seats off a 04 Evolution so I might be using that instead, but I would like to know how you did it. I check it a few days ago and looks like it fits in there, but barely. Heres look at those awsome seats :D.

IMG_1021-2.jpg

I adapted stock Z seat rails to the BMW seats by using aluminum blocks and four strips of 1/4" x 2.5" aluminum bar stock. Basically you make four "legs" out of the aluminum blocks and then use the bar stock to make "skiis" that fit under the blocks. Then you mount the stock Z rails to the skiis so they line up with the stock location in the floor.

You can make the "legs" whatever height you need to get a comfortable seat height and angle. The blocks and skiis bolt to the seat holes in the bottom of the BMW seats. Then you drill holes to mount the Z rails onto the "skiis". Measure twice, cut once!

The drawing is NOT even close to scale. It's just to give you the idea.

assem1_thumb.jpg

I adapted stock Z seat rails to the BMW seats by using aluminum blocks and four strips of 1/4" x 2.5" aluminum bar stock. Basically you make four "legs" out of the aluminum blocks and then use the bar stock to make "skiis" that fit under the blocks. Then you mount the stock Z rails to the skiis so they line up with the stock location in the floor.

You can make the "legs" whatever height you need to get a comfortable seat height and angle. The blocks and skiis bolt to the seat holes in the bottom of the BMW seats. Then you drill holes to mount the Z rails onto the "skiis". Measure twice, cut once!

The drawing is NOT even close to scale. It's just to give you the idea.

I got the idea. Thanks for ther info.