HybridZ

275-40/17 Mickey Thompsons DR pics

holly schnikeys batman.....................I am looking to do something the same on my car.....195/60/14 and 19lbs of boost don't mix...........did you roll you fenders to stuff those in there? I am anticipating that I will have to do that. I am special ordering a set of 17 X 8 for the car on all fours......

Can't really roll the fenders in the rear. I trimmed them with a grinder though. these are on 9'.

I was killing Vipers with 400 rwhp. The 533 was really rich with a stock afm.

It's probably in the 600 rwhp range now. Bigger turbo (T72), stand alone, no AFM and more boost.

I was busy all weekend and didn't get to drive it. I have auto crossed with Nitto DR's. I think DR's are better for the turns than any street tire. I'll find out how these are though.

I wanted a stiffer side wall. I don't drag race and launching (60ft) isn't the problem, it is just traction in general. The street et's would limit my cornering fun by alot. I would have tried the BFG's but the new style didn't come in my size. I know MT has a newer design of these too, but again, not in my size.

Offset is 35mm, I have 10mm worth of spacer and rotor hat. So if it was on a stock Z drum a 25mm would be the same. Ya, 2.5" x 8" CO's. It fits but it is tight. Had to trim a little on the coil over sleeve and colar. They don't stick out so much with a little camber. I am at 1/4* neg in the pics.

So you can use all your strut compression with no rubbing?

You mention the other 275s you ran were narrower. Would you think most 275s would fit and not rub in the rears on coilvers 240z'? Im a bit concerned due to my CO springs being 10" long. My wheels are 8" wide also.

Do your 8" coils sit above the tire or beside it? Any clearance pics wouold be great it you have them!

What is the front rim tire combo? sizes/BS ?

Thanks for any clarification. I am tryin to get my V8 too hook yet retain a corner carver.

So you can use all your strut compression with no rubbing?

You mention the other 275s you ran were narrower. Would you think most 275s would fit and not rub in the rears on coilvers 240z'? Im a bit concerned due to my CO springs being 10" long. My wheels are 8" wide also.

Do your 8" coils sit above the tire or beside it? Any clearance pics wouold be great it you have them!

What is the front rim tire combo? sizes/BS ?

Thanks for any clarification. I am tryin to get my V8 too hook yet retain a corner carver.

I haven't hit any big dips with these tires yet, but with the other 275's one side would rub very lightly if it was a real bad dip. I run 1/4*-0 camber on the street too. More camber would reduce any rubbing to zero on that side. My spring and collar aren't all they way above the tire, just high enough so it doesn't rub. There's no way a 10" spring would work unless you had the car jacked up real high in the rear.

I don't think a 275 would fit on an 8" wheel to good.

Fronts are 17x8 25mm with a 235/45 tire. I did run a 245 at one time but Toyo doesn't make RA1's in a 245.

This is really old http://www.geocities.com/clifton_ragland/Tires.html.'>http://www.geocities.com/clifton_ragland/Tires.html. If you look were I notched the sleeve, I had to do the same to the spring collar when I went with the V700's http://www.geocities.com/clifton_ragland/Tires.html