HybridZ

I finally got it! 03' 350z

Thumper

Well i've been wanting a 350z as a daily driver for quite sometime now. And for the last 3 months i've been looking intently. Finally last thursday I found the model I want for the price I want. It is an 12/02 350z touring Black with black leather seats, bose speakers, navigation system, vdc, and 18" rims. A couple of times I came close to finding the one but right at the end something would come up either wrong price, salvaged title, or not the right options.

I went and drove and 2 1/2 hrs and picked her up today. This is the first car i've owned that put a smile on my face and kept it there for the entire 2hr trip home. Even my 11 second 260z that I poured so much effort into could only put a smile on my face but as soon as I hit a road trip it was uncomfortable and I was always afraid it would break down.

She is stock for now but that will soon change as soon as the parts get here. Nothing serious for now just the big things that help like the intake plenum spacer, cat-delete with resonators, and a jwt pop-charger. The main reason I pushed to get her all of sudden is so I can get it ready for SEZ9 and this time show up in style instead of in umm does anybody have I spare tranny so I can swap it in the hotel parking lot and don't mind the primer:mrgreen:

Here is a few quick shots I just took of her, no sun so I'll try to take some better ones in a couple days. Tomorrow she will get sythetic engine oil, tranny fluid, and diff fluid. I also have some type of wax on the steering wheel I removed alot of it but still have more to clean off.

350z1.JPG

350z2.JPG

350z4.JPG

Congrats!!

As a dd, it is very comfortable. I have made 2 800+ mile trips so far in mine, only stopping for fuel, food and bathroom breaks and I must say, it is even nice to drive on the long trips. Only big on going issue I have heard with the 03 and 04's is the front tires wear pretty quickly due to a design flaw in the front suspension, other than that you should be good to go.

Congrats on the new car Ted..I finally have the 280 running again so give me a call if you want to check it out.

Well tonight i'm planning on going to a car meet. Its on the North Bound feeder of 249 slightly south of fm1960 you're welcome to join.

Z-gad, Thanks i've read about that problem also and I'll be keeping an eye on them. They look like they have 90% tread left so we will see.

Big-Phil, Wait I can't own a car good looking, quick someone get some rust colored paint so that I can make it look like my regular z's :flamedevi

Jnj, Yepo already planning trip. Requested off of work and ordering the necessary parts so i'm not the slowest 350z there. Hopefully the, oh I have to go too training guy, will be able to make it. That way we/spectators will have a v8 vs I6 run for the best time:mrgreen:

Prox, Actually now i'm rolling in month payments I was rolling in cash/debt. I'll be making a few sacrifices to afford this but in my opinion well worth it.

Warren, Oops I meant SEZ#8. No SEZ in fall this year? Hey you never know about the drag radials I could put some 4 lug adapters on and......:icon56: