HybridZ

I have Been Around Some Sick Cars..But lastnight I was TRULY Humbled! Pics!

slownrusty

Just like 240hoke said, the car is still in the build stages, which is obvious from the pics. Did it not cross anyones mind that maybe the hose clamp is just holding it there for trial fit purposes? I am sure that he will mounts it solid once everything is complete. Especially judging from the ammount of time and money spent on parts that in that thing. Sorry if I offend anyone.

Just like 240hoke said, the car is still in the build stages, which is obvious from the pics. Did it not cross anyones mind that maybe the hose clamp is just holding it there for trial fit purposes? I am sure that he will mounts it solid once everything is complete. Especially judging from the ammount of time and money spent on parts that in that thing. Sorry if I offend anyone.

Exactly...the car is still in the build stages, it has been for quite a few years now, hence the dust and some of the clutter. Trust me this car will be quite an engineering feat and beautifully executed when completed. No stone will be left unturned.

A Moroso External Kill switch will be mounted in the upcoming weeks.

And for certain clueless people (that cannot differentiate between a Fuel Filter and Pump), this is how a factory fuel pump on a 280ZX Turbo is mounted no lower than the Lexus featured here, with clamps just as strong:

43209958.jpg

Yasin

You know man I tried to step away cause it was obvious you aren't being very receptive to anything other than blind adoration.

Are you sure you really want to keep going back and forth on this? I tried to stay focused on the topic on hand. Any reason you want to turn this personal and risk getting the thread banned?

Why don't you post some current pictures of the whole set up so we can have at it?

You know man I tried to step away cause it was obvious you aren't being very receptive to anything other than blind adoration.

Are you sure you really want to keep going back and forth on this? I tried to stay focused on the topic on hand. Any reason you want to turn this personal and risk getting the thread banned?

Why don't you post some current pictures of the whole set up so we can have at it?

Its amazing that we have 14 or so members comment very positively on the car in this thread. You are the ONLY one to comment negatively. The car has zero "tacked" things under the car, has ABSOLUTELY zero rusty sheet metal (still waiting for you to tell me where that is), and the fuel pump mount (which you could not distinguish a fuel filter and fuel pump..LOL) is absolutely fine. Did you see the picture I posted above of how a stock 280ZX Turbo fuel pump is mounted it is almost identical (same height off the ground and similar clamps).

As a reference, a stock Nissan truck (up to 1992) which actually are designed to see alot of rocks have their fuel pumps mounted straight on the lowest portion of the frame rail literally inches off the ground and sit lower than the pumps on Jeff's Lexus.

By the way the clamps holding those Bosch Motorsport fuel pumps are not your regular run of the mill "radiator" style worm and roller clamps, they are actually sold by Bosch and can withstand 180psi.

I feel strongly to defend my friend Jeff's car as I have been around some cobbled together cars, and trust me this car is the furthest from that and has the finest of the finest parts and fabrication on it.

The MoTec Dash on it alone cost more than a brand new LS1 or LS2 crate engine. If the car was not something impressive to share I would not waste HybridZ members time by posting a cobbled together car.

It amazes me that there will always be a few people who will always be the "bur on the saddle".

If you want to discuss with me, lets take it offline, or PM me (slownrusty@yahoo.com).

Yasin

Come on guys. To each his own. If I posted a picture of a Monet some people would like it and others wouldn't.

One thing that makes this site great is that people don't jump all over each other for every difference of opinion. Let's keep it that way.

Sure , but you can't discredit someone's years of work for a temporarily mounted fuel pump, + It's a freakin' drag car, I don't see mention anywhere of this being a SHOW car, so who cares if it's dirty underneath. He'll probably clean it good once the project has been dealt with thoroughly. Finally, you can't voice your opinion by stepping on someone else's head and say that we are all BLINDED by the shiny parts, it's just like if someone came up to me and told me I'm a ricer...

I'm not offended or anything, but I just think that we should ALL be more careful when we speak out loud as our liberty stops where the other guy's start... no?

To me, this is very arrogant.

...Guess that big ass turbo and sewer pipe exhaust is pretty blinding.

Are you sure you really want to keep going back and forth on this? I tried to stay focused on the topic on hand. Any reason you want to turn this personal and risk getting the thread banned?...

Hey, we can all be friends right? Guys, chill out, as so many things can easily

be misunderstood via internet posts/email/chat etc. I happen to think that the build in question is pretty awesome. Alot of things can be "judged" by a few pics or little info. I am sure the car is outstanding in person. Most problems and/or indifferences are caused by lack of communication. Take a deep breath and put the pride in check and keep cool.

This is too great of a site to be "capping" on eachother, there are plenty of other sites that do that, try LS1tech for example. The site has great info, but sometimes the bickering is so immature.

Anyway, let's all keep this the #1 premier Z site on the web.

HybridZ rocks!!!

I'm with YASIN to a point. I'm not seeing the rusty sheetmetal, and I must admit the whole "fuelpump" vs. "fuelfilter" issue is just FUNNY!!! :lmao:

You guys need to learn to get along and quit going back and forth...

Mike