HybridZ

Top three HYBRID dream cars?

Guest l28et

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ulitma GTR with an LS7 or an LT5, its not really a hybrid, but damn is it cool.

Have you seen the "DuRocco"? [EDIT TO ADD LINK] http://www.durocco.com/

Twinstar style car done on the cheap with 2 VW engines.

SWEET!!! I have seen something similar though... in an old (1985?) VW&Porsche mag they featured an 84 twin engine Jetta. VERY cool idea IMO and it's tottally sleaper...

You guys listed some great choices.(I have never seen that Attack kit car, NICE)

My personal fantasy hybrid would be a TOYOTA PRIUS, powered by one(or maybe two if there is room) HUGE gasoline motor(s) with exhaust pipes sticking out. 5.7 liter SBC times two. Start the car and watch everyone in the parking lot duck down to the ground. Heehee.

• 2 years later...

A bit different, but some kinda ls1 or RB or whatever I could easily stuff into a Lancia Stratus, or a Dino. Heck any kinda powerplant would improve a lowered tricked out Delorean. Just lose those crap turbine wheels on the Delorean would be an improvement.

My wife would love some reliable swap into an Opel GT.

Oh and the Pantera? Can't imagine a better engine worth putting in one of those. I'd leave that one alone (sorry not very hybridz thinking)

my three would be...

VR38dett powered 240zg

SR20vet powered Elise

and for some drastic bastardization... LS9 powered R35 (retaining awd)

just let your mind wander about the pissed off people on the ZR1 and R35 forums...

also saw somewhere a delsol that had a rear engine swap, if you could put a k24a in the front and the back that would be cool (but that would only be if i had to choose a honda)

• Administrators
I've always had fantasies about a BMW E series with a 351W in it. Or a RX8 with a LS7. Last would be a turbo'd Sportster Evo.

Here ye go, E36 with a Small Block Ford. He is even selling the SBF E36 conversion kit! I bought the CD, well worth the price for any doing a V-8 E36 conversion. :2thumbs:

http://e36v8.com/index.html

50E36.jpg

• Administrators

Dream Hybrids eh? A Hybrid car that when you see it driving down the street, you get the urge to shed your clothes and rub against it… :2thumbs:

#1 Dream Hybrid for me is the street legal Dauer 962! 0-60 MPH in 2.6 seconds!

Porsche 962 race car “hybrided” into a street legal road car! I think 12 examples of the road car were built, not sure if any are here in the states.. (Is hybrided even a word? If not, it is now!) :wink:

Dauer962_LM_Sport.jpg

1994_dauer_962_lemans-4.jpg

dauer21.jpg

dauer-12.jpg

dauer962.jpg

#2 is Georg Plasa’s BMW E-36, powered by a Formula-1 Judd V-8!

27.jpg

#3 is my current Hybrid project! BMW E36, M-3 sedan receiving an LSx V-8 and 6 speed trans!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=150253

DSC_3878.jpg

16vM.jpg

DSC_2990.jpg

DSC_2992.jpg

Edited by BRAAP

Paul, this video is even better--longer with more engine sounds...man, that car is insane!

I have to agree with you on the 962: it is one of the best knock-your-socks-off looking race cars and to have a streetable one would be too cool. I keep looking at cars the Mosler and similar cars with a set up like the 962. My wife is going to have to work her tail off for me to afford one :D

Davy

There's obviously too much BMW in the house. Time for a change ;)

#1 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16V Evo II with a Turbo M104 3.2... and take the wing off the back so you cant tell it's an Evo...

4518492040.swf

#2 Datsun 510 with the 2.3-16V Cosworth motor (Plus terbeaux)

hqdefault.jpg

#3 Custom Tube frame mini with a RWD 13B turbo in it.

deshane_minipvgp.jpg

...#3 is very likely my next car project after the ol' Z is finished.

hmm... RX7, late 80's still with the pointy shape like a G nose s30 hit with a ruler, with a ferrari V12 under the bonnet.

S600 M-Benz early 90's, V12 fitted with a set of 6 downdraft IDF type twin throat carbs, stroked and bored.

Arial Atom, 4 rotor twin turbo mazda motor up front.

First: 20B RX7

Not "original" or something that hasn't been done before, but it's a car I will own someday =)

0611sccp_02z+mazda_rx7_fd3s+20b_engine_view.jpg

Second: Noble M15 with a VH45DETT

Unique idea for sure, original idea was an LS1, but DOHC>Pushrods =P Though a VR38DETT might be more practical

noble_m15-05.jpg

There's a few others, but I'm tired and will save my last one for when I am fully awake =P

Starion / Conquest with the Mopar Action Green Brick motor; a Ray Barton built 340 stroker(396, I think) with DPFI. That engine has been put in that chassis successfully before.

I'd like to see how well one of the new Hemis would fit in a '37 Plymouth business coupe. AC, cruise control, 300+ horsepower and a nice, no-nonsense clean depression era body wrapped around it. Restore everything to stock and run the exhaust out the back with resonators and hidden tips, it'll end up really quiet and have that odd rasp from the era. Put electric cutouts just rear of the x-pipe when you need to get on it and make some noise. Replace the front end with a new subframe assembly, go coil-overs all around and 4-link in the rear with a Dana 60 and Sure-Grip. Hide a rollbar behind the B-pillar, or even integrate it into the body and hide it under the trim. Not as difficult as it sounds.

Lotus Elite or Elan type 26 with a turbo'd Miata or Ford Zetec drivetrain. FUN!

Here ye go, E36 with a Small Block Ford. He is even selling the SBF E36 conversion kit! I bought the CD, well worth the price for any doing a V-8 E36 conversion. :2thumbs:

http://e36v8.com/index.html

50E36.jpg

Awesome to see a reasonably-priced conversion kit for the E36. Not a 5.0 fan and wonder if someone is going to offer an LSx kit soon.......HARUMPHHHH, HARUMPHHHH :D

I have one! I have one!

pastedgraphic-10.jpeg

Locost 7 chassis

Impulse%208-2.jpg

A big electric motor... or 2 ;)

A Zilla 2000 amp DC motor control

And an A123 Systems or Kokam powered Li-Ion 400+V battery pack with just enough juice for 3-4 autox runs at max power...

Gonna start building it next winter :D

Hi these lotus super 7's are available in australia in kit or turn key with a ford 5 litre well they strech them out to 347 cc put a 6 speed manual behind that and will do 7 second runs and still street legal what a wepon!