HybridZ

Well, some bad news this weekend with my r200 lsd...

auxilary

was prepping the car to get towed to a shop to get welding/exhaust done...

spin one rear tire, other one doesn't spin.... :( at all.

I don't have the Z in my possession now to pull the diff out and see what's going on, but any thoughts/ideas? this is a nissan turbo r200 clutch lsd.

Does the other tire not TURN at all, or is it just not breaking traction?

If it just drives OK but you're getting a one wheel peel then the most likely case is that the clutches are stripped. Here is some info on some replacement clutches that one member made, although I don't know if he still has any. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112921

At one point I believe he posted the drawing of the clutches, so you could get some made and beef up your diff like some of us did. Then you can install and shim per this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=117818

• 1 month later...

Everything might be fine. Is the diff an '87 or '88? The '87 is the clutch type that you guys are speaking of. The '88 is the viscous. This one actually produces grip as it gets hotter. While cold, it may act more like an open diff. Also, as stupid as this might sound, was the car in gear when you spun the wheel? If not, it is just as easy for the input flange to spin instead of the opposite wheel. This would happen on either an open or viscous diff.

Brian

I have read somewhere in here that some r200's need to get heat before gripping with both tires aswell.I have the R200 from the Q45 and if you checked out my 1/4 videos you can see one tire spinning only on the first runs..Since the runs were one after another it did started to grip with both when it got some heat.

the q45 diff is a viscous diff, mine's a clutch from '88.

88? Do you have the special shafts that go with that diff? I had an 88 but couldnt locate any shafts for it so got rid of it. The regular shafts go in but one side doesnt go far enough from what I rememebr. Just checking!!

88? Do you have the special shafts that go with that diff? I had an 88 but couldnt locate any shafts for it so got rid of it. The regular shafts go in but one side doesnt go far enough from what I rememebr. Just checking!!

Only the 88 with the viscous LSD has the weird shafts. His clutch type takes the usual 280Z/ZX/300ZX shafts.