HybridZ

New ZRaceProducts stage III LCA pics

I just received and installed my new on car adjustable LCA's from ZRaceProducts.

S1010040.jpg

This is what comes with the kit (except for the holder I have everything on).

S1010044.jpg

Here they are installed on the car.

S1010048.jpg

In this pic you can see the adjusting nut, lock nut and set screw that are used to adjust camber and toe, BTW that is a 7/8" Spherical bearing.

S1010051.jpg

Another installed pic.

Dragonfly

It looks like the inner nut is welded to the control arms. If that is the case, it looks like you would have to pull the spindle pin to adjust the camber.

Or the nut is welded to a sleeve that is inside the control arm tubing and the whole sleeve will be turned by the inner nut. The set screw would hold the inner sleeve in place after adjustments are made.

If that is the case, I'll pass. I think a high horse power Z would eat that set screw in short order no matter how large the spherical bearing is.

Well you guys are making some fairly good guesses but you are giving the set screw way to much credit. There is a sleeve inside the control arm but the sleeve is a custom machined 3 piece assembly made up of a threaded sleeve, a machined collar and a welded nut. The sleeve is inserted into the tube of the LCA then the collar is inserted and welded into place then the nut is welded to the sleeve where it extends out of the LCA tube and collar, the set screw is nothing more than a threaded hole in which grease is added to the assembly to allow ease of adjustment, then the screw is snugged down to help insure nothing moves when you lock down the lock nut. BTW the sleeve has a set screw ring machined into it so the sleeve will not be deformed by over tightening the set screw.

These LCA's like the others made by ZRaceProducts will be replaced for free by anyone who manages to break one as long as they return the broken one with pictures of the car and an explination of how it happened.

Dragonfly

ohh !

I like this! Do they have a link?!

At this time there is no link, these are still in the prototype stage and my car is the lab rat, but you can find everything that is available from ZRaceProducts here http://www.zraceproducts.com.

1 tuff z I do not have any pictures of the individual components but each piece is machined on a laith, sleeve, collar, and hex rod (adjusting nut), everything is pre assembled and tested then put together a piece at a time and welded. Right now my car is at the shop getting a 4 wheel alignment, when I pick it up I will get comments and opinions from the techs doing the work and I will post up that info.

cygnusx1 The original design was done by Jerry (owner of ZRaceProducts) then tweeked, adjusted and tested by Fabcon in San Diego. Fabcon also helped with the design and building of the jigs used for making these LCA's. I can assure you and everyone that these pieces are well engineered and there are no corners cut.

As a side note anyone who is in the San Diego area and who would like to go by ZRaceProducts and take a look around just drop me a PM and I will set it up.

Dragonfly

1 tuff z I do not have any pictures of the individual components but each piece is machined on a laith, sleeve, collar, and hex rod (adjusting nut), everything is pre assembled and tested then put together a piece at a time and welded. Right now my car is at the shop getting a 4 wheel alignment, when I pick it up I will get comments and opinions from the techs doing the work and I will post up that info

Dragonfly

Hmmm... I would have liked to have been at that alignment shop because I watched my car being aligned using Modern-Motorsports adj. LCA's and it was completed in minutes and the tech was amazed at the ease of doing it.

LARRY

Hmmm... I would have liked to have been at that alignment shop because I watched my car being aligned using Modern-Motorsports adj. LCA's and it was completed in minutes and the tech was amazed at the ease of doing it.

LARRY

I really wanted to be there and take some pictures as well but unfortunately it did not work out that way for me. I asked about how everything went and what he thought of the LCA's, he told me that the rear was easy and only took a few minutes but the fronts were a PIA because it seems my inner tie rods are on their last legs and he had a tough time getting them to within spec. Looks like I will be getting new inner tie rods real soon and I am going to replace the outers at the same time as well just for good measure.

I have seen pictures of the MM LCA's but I do not recall how they are adjusted. I have also seen Ross' work and I would be full of **** to say that his products are any less than top notch, but I personaly like the over all look of the ZRaceProducts LCA's better.

How much? Are the inner bushings poly?
At this time they are still a prototype and there has not been a price set for them. I am not sure what you are asking when you say the inner bushings but I am going to guess that you are refering to the bushings were the LCA's attach to the underside of the car, if that is the case mine are poly but they did not come with the kit. Jerry has Delrin that he has been talking about machining bushings from to add to the kit although he may make them an option for the kit that you have to pay extra for... at this time there have been no decisions made.

Dragonfly

They have them listed... This is from their site.

Our custom arms are constructed with all 4130 chromoly. main frame 1 1/2" and 120 wall chromoly tubing, interframe is 1", 120 wall and 3/16 interplate, all chromoly. Also using FK 7/8" male spherical rod ends. These guys are truly the hottest thing on the block. Quality contructed for strength and durability. Weight: 34.0 lbs. / pair

Price: $680.00 / pair

Shipping: from $36.95

They have them listed... This is from their site.

Our custom arms are constructed with all 4130 chromoly. main frame 1 1/2" and 120 wall chromoly tubing, interframe is 1", 120 wall and 3/16 interplate, all chromoly. Also using FK 7/8" male spherical rod ends. These guys are truly the hottest thing on the block. Quality contructed for strength and durability. Weight: 34.0 lbs. / pair

Price: $680.00 / pair

Shipping: from $36.95

Those are the non on car adjustable LCA's, they look almost identical but require the spindle pin to be removed in order to adjust them.

Dragonfly

These LCA's like the others made by ZRaceProducts will be replaced for free by anyone who manages to break one as long as they return the broken one with pictures of the car and an explination of how it happened.

Dragonfly

Does the pic have to be taken before or after they use the jaws of life to remove your body from the wreckage?

Serious,ly I know what you are saying. Nice to see a company that tries to stand behind their product. But that warrantee is pretty meaningless. For a race part seeing hard use I would think yearly inspections are an absolute must.

Does the pic have to be taken before or after they use the jaws of life to remove your body from the wreckage?

Now that is funny stuff Pop!

Sounds like a lot more thought was put in to these than I gave credit for. I also would like to see a pic of the adjusting mechanism.

I look forward to more info on these parts.

That is exactly what I was thinking. What good is the warranty if you are dead and can't collect. Oops, our bad you just died because our product broke just doesn't seem to put my mind at ease.