HybridZ

280z projector headlights

CalifaThugz

I wanted to know if anyone has actually bought these and installed on their car... This is going to be my first time buying off of eBay and I was also wondering if there is any tricks I should worry about...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Datsun-240Z-260Z-280Z-Projector-Headlight-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ180102959576QQrdZ1

DO NOT BUY THEM!!! they are junk , yes I have a set installed and they are coming out very soon for the BD ones I bought, and by the way they are NOT projector, just h4!!

So what is junk about them? Obviously you don't get real Xenon projector headlights for $40. Is the actual housing junk? or are you just not happy with the light output?

Also what are teh BD ones?

Guy

All of the above. I have these on my '78 when I bought my car. They provide ok light but they VERY poor quality. I woundn't pay $5.00 each including shipping. The studs (that set the lamp into the bucket are not accurate)

Probably made by Chinese slave prisoners! (just kidding)

glass is crap too. The bulbs will heat up the glass and at rainy nights, it will cause the water to evaporate. Caking dirt and crap on the glass. As soon as you try to wipe them (when hot and spaying them with a water bottle) ... crack.

Stay away.

Oh, okay thanks guys so its better to stay away from them? What lights would be good to get for my Z I'm stuck with my stock headlights but I don't keep those... I want good visibility at night for when my car is done. Any sites I can get some good ones at?

I'm seeing more and more cars with hid and projector type lighting popping up in the junk yard. I'm considering makeing my own lamp, like another member did a while ago. I see newer q45's and newer mazdas all over the place. Anybody know any other make/models that would make a good canidate?

i was just reading a similar thread LOL

anyway, i HATE ebay vendors like that. you know, the ones who charge NOTHING for the item and charge way too much for shipping; so if you aren't satisfied they will refund you $5 and not 40 (shipping nonrefundable, sorry!). it's a dishonest way to screw over consumers who unwittingly buy a crappy product and aren't satisfied and also a way to screw ebay out of their fees. i always report a$$hats like that. /rant

i was just reading a similar thread LOL

anyway, i HATE ebay vendors like that. you know, the ones who charge NOTHING for the item and charge way too much for shipping; so if you aren't satisfied they will refund you $5 and not 40 (shipping nonrefundable, sorry!). it's a dishonest way to screw over consumers who unwittingly buy a crappy product and aren't satisfied and also a way to screw ebay out of their fees. i always report a$$hats like that. /rant

I agree with you, but if people still buy it then that's their own fault for looking to get "high quality" pieces from a marketplace like ebay.

Whats a relay conversion thing? I see people put that you wont get good light output if you don't do a relay conversion.

This is a kit from Summit's catalog. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=AMC%2D509102&N=700+311187+115&autoview=sku Very easy to install. And almost as easy to make yourself.

There is a lot of good stuff on Ebay, but you need to be carefull of what and who you buy from.

This is what you should get: http://www.datsunrestore.com/catalog.html

Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z H4 Light Conversion Kit

Bright White 60/55 Xenon Bulbs & 7" Housings Kit 1149-50X.jpg Converting your Datsun sealed beam headlight system gives you a whole new range of lighting options. Instead of the limited choices available with sealed beams headlights, and the few manufacturers that make them, you will now be able to use xenon bulbs, colored bulbs, any replaceable bulb to give you the look you want! In addition, our housings provide superior beam patterns. The DELTA 7" Headlamp replacements for sealed beam and Halogen headlights feature European lead crystal precision optics with "E" Mark Certification. The "six step finish" reflector provides a precise reflecting parabola. These lamps are powered by H4 Xenon Hyper-White 60/55-watt replacement bulbs, which projects a hyper-white bluish beam that will outperform any standard Halogen H4 bulb. The DELTA Headlamp kit is also equipped with a Rubber Boots to protect the optic unit from dust and moisture. This is a plug in and go kit, no modifications needed. Our housing kits come with: Two glass housings One pair high output xenon super white bulbs One pair of rubber socket covers to keep sockets clean and dry

You Zcar H4 Light Conversion Kit