HybridZ

Should I Megasquirt?......

FEnatic

I was almost sold on the Megasquirt for my turbo transplant, but a friend of mine says go with the Holley Pro 950. He did not have good luck with his Megasquirt and his Holley setup went flawless, much easier he says. What do you guys think? The Holley is more money, but that doesn't bother me, I want ease of use and tuning. Thanks guys.

I like it. Any problem I have ever had that I thought was megasquirt turned out to be something else. There is no customer support other than the internet. And if you put it on a Z there are plenty of people here that run it. But if the price of something else does not bother you than, I don't know? read about both and go from there?

Prior to buying the MS-II I had no tuning experience, NONE!!. I got all the know-how off the net, here and there. Ease of tuning is relative. I couldnt tune a carb setup for nothing. I would have to learn it like I did the MS. This whole tuning thing was like Chinese algebra to me. Once you get to know the MS and spend some time tuning it becomes a lot easier. There are a lot of guys here willing to share and help out. I say go MS and then you can race your friend. My friend is putting toghether a carbed turbo setup and he has been talking a lo of junk so we will have to settle it at the track

YES! megasquirt is EASY, especially if you follow MOBYs sticky. I jumped in with both feet, spark and fuel and had was up and running within like, 2 days.

do yourself a favor tho, and get a wideband O2. narrow band sucks for tuning.

Don't buy MS unless you are willing to read the documentation. Most people who have problems skip this step. The great part is that you can read it all before you buy it. MS probably has the strongest online community of any aftermarket EMS, too.

Don't buy MS unless you are willing to read the documentation. Most people who have problems skip this step. The great part is that you can read it all before you buy it. MS probably has the strongest online community of any aftermarket EMS, too.

Forrest, I just bought some injector connectors from you on Ebay. Great quality and price! Thanks[/thread jack]

I have had megesquirt installed on my car for a year now, and my car still does not run right. I have had to send my unit back to DYI AUTOTUNE twice for repairs. The firs time I lost and injector driver then coil driver. The unit has had problems controlling spark, it would run fine for a while then dies on me leaving me stranded. I had to have the car towed home three times. After fighting with the spark control for 9 mounts I bought a MSD-6BTM box, which give me reliable spark control, and just use the fuel side of the ECU. The car runs but I still have a problem in the high RPS range as the car would not rev pass 4800rpms. It feels like at that rps or higher the revlimiter comes on. I check an the limiter is not set. Saturday I was out driving trying to figure out the High Rpms problem when the car just died. Looks like I have lost the main power from the relay board. My experience with Megasquirt have not been positive, but there are a lot of guys that have good luck with it. The ironic think is I was the one that asked DYI to build me a 3.0 board and document it for other Z guys to use , also got my friend Chris to draw up the wiring diagram for the relay board that’s on their site. My box was the first one and the documentation in their web site is from my box.

megesquirt is a good product if you have time to play with it trouble shoot etc. But for a guy like me SDS(for what I have in this system I could have bought SDS a long time a go) would have been a better product as I don’t have the time to read and post on the internet when I have a problem. Which is some of the reason I have not gotten car running right one year after the install.