HybridZ

WRX crowd cries.

cygnusx1

Did anyone see what they did to the WRX for 2008.....! Ugghhhhh what a crime! What were they thinking? Tell me it's an April Fools joke.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-subaru-impreza/

I have the original ugly 2002 Bugeye WRX...but it's ugly in a cute way like a pug. The 2008 just seems plain wrong like 1995 Hyundai accent meets 2007 civic meets chrysler grill maker.

Guest l28et

Like I said on other forum...

EVERYTIME a new WRX comes out people bitch. I remember when the first US gen was sold here - "bug eyed, blah blah", then the facelifted, "better but still ugly", and then the newest version - people couldn't help but comment on the new family grill being out of place.

People will bitch and moan, and still, it will sell. Personally, I wasn't expecting anything amazing and Subaru didn't deliver....

For all those that are going to throw a tantrum, a time will come when some tuner fabs up a cleaner grill and slaps on other high end performance parts to turn this little bugger into a 500awhp monster just like the rest. It will grow on you. Mark my words.

Now Mitsus new Evo concept - SEXXXXY.

evo_x_detroit_small.jpg

Guest TeamNissan

Na I never complained about the rest of the wrx's I mean the last gen was iffy but I still took it in. This one is garbage. I dont judge new cars by what people may or may not do to them either lol.

The main thing that is missing from it is character. All the previous ones had a character to them. This one has got none of it. If they had only left the blister flares on the wheel arches, it would have looked nice. I love the bugeye one, especially with the factory front lip on it.

Where are the flares Subaru?

I've heard that Subaru is / was trying to move upmarket, to turn themselves into a nearline luxury brand. This might be one of their moves.

Doesn't make the most sense, how many rally cars are based on nearly luxury cars?