HybridZ

Got a $500 bonus from work, what should I buy for my car?

big-phil

I already have flaires comming in so I don't need those. I have a wideband installed also so I don't need that. I was thinking springs, struts? Maybe new weatherstriping, after I paint it? Take a look at my videos if you don't know my car, to see whats been done to it. What would you buy for my car with $500???????

Springs, struts, and a poly bushing kit...biggest bang for the buck besides wheels and tires. Dont go much lower than 1" from stock though. The tires may rub until you get flares and cut the metal away. Also some brake work is nice if you havent done so. A good pad and shoe upgrade, SS brake flex lines, makes a world of difference. Strut tower bars.... sorry if I listed stuff you already have. If I did you can buy it anyway and send it to me instead.. :wink:

Springs, struts, and a poly bushing kit...biggest bang for the buck besides wheels and tires. Dont go much lower than 1" from stock though. The tires may rub until you get flares and cut the metal away. Also some brake work is nice if you havent done so. A good pad and shoe upgrade, SS brake flex lines, makes a world of difference. Strut tower bars.... sorry if I listed stuff you already have. If I did you can buy it anyway and send it to me instead.. :wink:

I think your on the mark! Thats all stuff I need. It rides ruff, stops bad, and after the flairs are on and I cut the fenders a 1 inch lowering is what I need!! Is all that over $500?

I second it, gotta have the grip and control on the road to handle all the power you add.

The problem is that the Tokico Illumina's will waste your $500 in one foul swoop so I suggest regular tokico inserts and 1" lowering springs. Buy the brake pads/shoes next.

Bushing importance:

1) Steering rack

2) I will GIVE you two of my poly T/C rod bushings. You only need two. Keep the rubber ones on the back of the t/c mount.

3)Front LCA bushings, I have Poly ones for cheap...real cheap. slightly used.

PM me. I got lots of stuff laying around.

:iagree:

Phil,

This will be $500 well spent. If you don't have new spindle pins and hardware I would get that too and be done with it. Next should come brakes i.e. Toyota 4x4 front and Modern Motorsports rear disc conversion. Oh and while your in there convert your diff to Z31 CV Axles...oh wait isn't that what I am doing... :eek2: anyways either way you will be happy.

Good Luck,

Oh yea I forgot you can always tear it all down and powder coat or paint the suspension "while your in there" if you go the bushing, suspension route.

I know I am giving you bad ideas and this does exceed your $500 raise play money, it never ends man....:D

9714280912.jpg

9714280952.jpg

9714280978.jpg

9714281037.jpg

Youve got an electronic boost controller already, dont you?

I second the poly bushing kit. I got mine at www.ultrarev.com. Best price I could find. If your car is your daily driver I would beware though -- the ES bushing kit is not a small project to install and your car will be down for the count.

If it were me I would hold off on a suspension until you have the money for coilovers.

You could also consider a short shifter.

Another idea would be to spend the whole wad on a LSD. With the turbo you need all the traction you can get!

- Greg -