260Mopar

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cannot find those vents on the MSA site right now does anyone know another source currently available to get a set of these vents?

We are the suppliers of these vents and unfortunately they are currently out of production (due to QC issues from our current supplier). MSA is our only outlet for the vents and as soon as we have re-established production we will once again have them available through MSA.

Steve.

We are the suppliers of these vents and unfortunately they are currently out of production (due to QC issues from our current supplier). MSA is our only outlet for the vents and as soon as we have re-established production we will once again have them available through MSA.

Steve.

Thank you, for the prompt response

• 9 months later...

After thumbing through a Camaro Performers magazine, I noticed an advertisement by this company Marquez Design, that has some nice aluminum vents. They are #801 jamb vents and would fit either on a non vented hood or in the inspection lids which I am considering as am option for my 73' non vented l28et swap. As written, "Machined from solid 6061-T6 billet aluminum and finished in a fine brush finish. Mesh insert has 1/8 inch holes and is made of stainless steel. Options include fully polished. Hardware provided and are 100% bolt-in. Parts are sold in pairs". Heres a link to the company.

http://www.marquezdesign.com

Marquez Design #801 Jamb Vents_thumb.jpg

Glad you got them and installed misterZ!! They look great!

Thanks again having them for sale! I thought I'd never find them; right place/right time I guess. VERY satisfied!! :D Hopefully, MSA will offer again in the future for those that want them.

Thanks again having them for sale! I thought I'd never find them; right place/right time I guess. VERY satisfied!! :D Hopefully, MSA will offer again in the future for those that want them.

Are you sure they were from MSA? I bought them from a private vendor/manufacturer on ebay. I didn't know MSA ever picked them up.

Are you sure they were from MSA? I bought them from a private vendor/manufacturer on ebay. I didn't know MSA ever picked them up.

Steve.

Going off the above (Aug 08) statement...

As the topic of our Hood Vents has become quite active again, I thought I'd respond with some info.

We have not yet managed to procure a new supplier for the vents, and are currently looking into an alternative production process that we will be able to do 'in-house'.

A few members of the forum had PM'd us recently, inquiring about availability, and we offered them the option of purchasing a set of blemished vents at a discounted price. The few sets of 'blems' we had have now all been sold, so we currently have nothing available.

For a while we were not sure what sort of demand there might still be for the vents, but it appears that there is still quite a lot of interest in them. We do intend on having these available again, and hopefully we can do something sooner than later.

For those interested in obtaining a set, we appreciate your patience, and as soon as we have the vents in production again we shall post the news here on the forum.

Thanks again for everyone's support.

Steve.