HybridZ

Hood Vents

260Mopar

You guys may want to hold off before installing them...

There's some pertinent data in the windtunnel testing we did that may make you want to place them further away from the windshield... Stay tuned.

Mike

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got word back that the Hood Vents may be available in the near future. Got a nice email saying...

"I can say that we are currently in the process of having more made

and should have them available within the next couple of weeks (we had

hope to get them at the MSA show, but couldn't quite swing it). I'll let

you know when they become available and perhaps you could then pass the

word on."

So sit tight and perhaps more will be up for sale soon. Then save them for installation after more testing may give heads up for best placement.

Craig

• 4 weeks later...

For those who where interested in the hood vents in this thread, I just got an update from Steve. Another batch has been made and are now up for sale. With all the aerodynamics talk lately, perhaps this can help some? Here are his comments...

"Just wanted to bring you up to date with regards to the hood vents. We just received our first shipment from our new supplier and we are now able to offer them back up for sale. I've already listed them again on Ebay - Datsun Z Hood Vents. . People can also contact me directly if they are not Ebay users and wish to purchase a set. - grndfx@pacbell.net. I'm also hoping to have a website up and running soon that people can go to as well. I had to put the price up a bit as our cost have increased with this new supplier."

Z-ya

Craig

i know the person who makes those vents. same person who is making me the carbon fiber rear taillight panels. Steve. He just made a batch of about 20 vents this week. said that he would have them on ebay. Im sure i can convince him to sell straight to the hybridz crew if enough want it.

I'd like a pair, but $125 is a bit steep to me.....

And you built that crazy red twin turbo Z monster? Impressive and beautiful! You say a buck-twentyfive is too steep.....:cry2:. You're suppose to ignore the price tag if you really want something. What's one more receipt on that mountain of purchases. :wink:

And you built that crazy red twin turbo Z monster? Impressive and beautiful! You say a buck-twentyfive is too steep.....:cry2:. You're suppose to ignore the price tag if you really want something. What's one more receipt on that mountain of purchases. :wink:

everybody likes to save money, regardless of how rich you are.

everybody likes to save money, regardless of how rich you are.

Haha... rich?, I wish... :icon_frow

I was a working man when I started the RB project in 05', but soon after fell ill to the big C word. I've since recouped, but I'm still disabled due to it eating up a couple disc in my back.

So... I have to pinch pennies where I can. $1,140 a month ain't much to have a expensive hobby with.... :cry2:

I really really like those vents, and need them bad. My under hood temps are unacceptable....

LOL... no body is rich any more once you start tinkering on these cars, there is always one more item you would like to change or add!

I will say the vents do work good. After a 30 minute session at the the track, we don't remove the hood any more (getting lazy), just turn on the electric fan for about 5 to 10 minutes and it pushes the heat right out.

I understand about the big C word... Mrs. Chino (second driver) works at City of Hope in Duarte as an RN, glad to here you are doing better! :-D