HybridZ

newly finished body kit pics

hey guys, i just finished almost a year long project on my sons 74 260Z

if you would check out the 17 pics i just posted in my photobucket album and let me know what you think

i'd love to answer any questions

its VERY modified!!!

photobucket.com them search ( coyotegary)

here is a link to youtube video someone posted

That looks very cool. Not another one like it. We need some details...like how did you do the front end. True craftmanship and attention to detail. The engine compartment is so clean...no wires. WOW

Dang!! that is sick.You are pretty much going the same direction as me as far as the rear half of the car minus the tail lights(although now im thinking?).What kit is this?.Man sometimes i wish i didnt decide to make my own kit,clocked up about 90 hours so far on the rear of my car lol(actually not lol....nlol?)

thanks guys, i am glad you like it.

it was a labor of love over the past year. it was my sons car.

you asked for details of the project so here goes.

my 17 year old son passed away 8 years ago. this was his car. he loved it.

it took me 8 years to build up the nerve to get it out of storage after all that time.he loved to hot rod it around so i decided to totally redo it to what i thought he might want if he were still around to direct me. i must give first credit to my brother who did all the design work and hands on creating this one of a kind body.

it is a cobra kit car front 30 inches. we made a splash mold and custom made it fit the body and also made everything else in fiberglass to match up. all one piece fiberglass from winshield forward and also from behind the doors. even made a fiberglass hatch to mold onto the body. the wing was on the car from when my son owned it so i had to keep it as part of the mold to keep something original from his car. we just molded it into the body to smooth it out.

my brother made me get the wheels and tire s first that i wanted and only then would he build the quarter panels to perfectly match the wheel opening 315/35/17 rear 11 inch wide wheels .....275 frt

rear lexan glass hinges instead of the hatch.

used apache helicopter latches on the lexan

it runs 438 skyline lsd

complete arizonazcar race suspension w/ wilwood 6 piston clipers

fuel cell and rear battery in floor mount

every inch inside and out is zolatoned and clearcoated

the one of a kind quarters even have a custom made inner fiberglass liner

fiberglass race dash and a hand made aluminum console

custom wiring harness hiden in frame tubes so no wiring shows

any other questions/ i would be glad to answer

the thing looks great in pics but unbelievable in person. i saw it 6 mo ago when they were molding the hood to the car and they just got in the reation research rears to cut up to form the custom rear end. the amount of fg on the car is unreal. no sharp edges, the whale tail is SMOOTH into the hatch. it is definitly one of a kind. kudos to both of those guys on the amount of work that went in. i had no idea gary that that was your sons car. i am sure he is looking down ans smiling.

jimbo

you are correct...it has no side glass. the doors are shaved and lightened with no glass ,tracks ,or cranks. the quarter windows are shaved and removed ,as well as the drip rails being shaved. it is a specialty purpose car that will never see rain or snow.

i have won a few awards along the way at MSA

i, along with my brother, own spankys auto and spankys auto body

thank you for looking and i am glad you like what you see

take a peek at our shop website if you get a chance. there are 1000 pics of customer Z car projects we have done over the years.

www.spankysautobody.com

its a fun site to browse

even if we are not in the same state as the majority of Z people here online it is nice to know there are specialty Z shops still keeping the Z cars alive and well.....lol

i dont want this to appear i am advertising. there are just tons of Z cars there to see what all goes into keeping these cars alive

I have a close friend that lost his wife. Once he got back on his feet he scratch built this amazing chopper. A great way to keep busy. It's a tribute to her memory.

You have done a great job in your Sons memory.

Are you bringing it to the convention in Daytona this year? I'll be there.

I totally agree !!!Amazing tribute to your son !!!

I have a rear set of fiberglass Porsche 930 Turbo Flares I want to put on my Z. I may have to shipped my car to Arizona for the paint and body work !!! I will contact you guys when I get to that point.