HybridZ

Betamotorsports....MMMMM CARBON FIBER!!!

Mikelly

JamieT is selling off his Zcar stuff, and I picked up some tasty bits from him yesterday... This BetaMotorsports CF hood is AMAZING and silly light...

FrontCFHood.jpg

PsideFrontCFView.jpg

DsideFrontCFView.jpg

And Check out the Wilwood brakes...

WilwoodRearBrakeKit.jpg

WilwoodFrontBrakeKit.jpg

Good stuff!!

Mike

:lmao: God this is sooooo true, although I only lost a couple hours swapping those brakes over... My goal is to get this car on track by October.

The motor...

PICT0008.jpg

It's an internal balance 383 stroker with a forged bottom end, Isky racing Hydraulic roller cam, Dart Conquest heads, With a holley Commander950 FI system. This same motor ran 10.98s @ 129mph in the quarter with a carb and Victor Jr. Intake in my 74 260Z.

Mike

Looks spectacular. I hope you keep the air dam and side skirts black. Can't tell if there primered or just dusty, but i think they'd look awesome in gloss black.

The color combo is staying as is... And it's bumper black... Now what I do have slated for the hood modifications is that I'll be adding a bunch of vents/ Louvers and I'm going to use the under-lip of the carbon hood to attach the upper grill block-off panels to. I'll use some aluminum backing strips to attach them to and they'll extend all the way down to the top of the bumper on the Type3 airdam.

This should work out well!

Also, The Reaction Research Carbon hood vents will likely end up on the SIDES of the fenders with holes cut and air ducted to them from the inner fenders. I also plan to form some inner fender liners like TitaniumZ's and seal off the inner fenders.

Mike

Car envy.....Mike the car looks great. Very close to what my original plan was for the Z. Thinking of keeping the silver with the Subtle kit and whale tail. I will have that hood though! Keep this pics coming.

Thats one sexy car but DAYAMN that's a nice air compressor!!

Did I read those sidewalls right that those are 275-40R18 tires? Almost 27" dia tire seems HUUUGE but doesnt look gigantic on the car.

Oh and the hood is gorgeous too -- very clean fiber pattern.

- Greg -

JamieT is selling off his Zcar stuff, and I picked up some tasty bits from him yesterday... This BetaMotorsports CF hood is AMAZING and silly light...

Mike

Gotta love those BetaMotorsprts CF hoods... mine weighs in at a whooping 7lbs. If you really want to shed some lbs from the car get yourself a BetaMotorsports CF rear hatch with lexan, mine tips the scales at 10lbs and you will find the same quality in the rear hatch that you find in the hood.

Dragonfly

Gotta love those BetaMotorsprts CF hoods... mine weighs in at a whooping 7lbs. If you really want to shed some lbs from the car get yourself a BetaMotorsports CF rear hatch with lexan, mine tips the scales at 10lbs and you will find the same quality in the rear hatch that you find in the hood.

Dragonfly

is it possible to use the original glass in the cf rear hatch?

is it possible to use the original glass in the cf rear hatch?

Yes, the inner lip is still there so you can use the rubber gasket and the stock window.

John does the clear coat help protect the CF or just give it a nice finish?

Both. If a good urethane clear coat is used it adds to the UV protection. We stopped doing clear coated hoods because we couldn't get consistent quality. About 25% of the hoods had a few bubbles so I ended up having to pay extra to prime those hoods and sell them as seconds. All we sell now are primered carbon fiber hoods, which is basically what the racers want anyway.