HybridZ

$ VIDEO $ of the new turbo motor build

big-phil

Just another weekend of beer, and grease. Building the motor to stock L28ET form. F54 turbo block, stock turbo pistons, P90A head (while my P90 gets some porting) In all my videos, this will be the FIRST true turbo motor I've EVER run! I plan on getting forged pistons, and a big cam to go with my soon to be ported P90 head. (After I sell the ZXT that is)

Yes sir, that was me.

I'm still unable to express my thanks to Chris for offering his car to me that one day. What a rush, what a ride! At the time it had been four years since I last drove a Z and about five years since my last AutoX, it was without a doubt the motivation I needed to get through that final push on my own turbo Zed.

One day I hope to return the favor.

Yes sir, that was me.

I'm still unable to express my thanks to Chris for offering his car to me that one day. What a rush, what a ride! At the time it had been four years since I last drove a Z and about five years since my last AutoX, it was without a doubt the motivation I needed to get through that final push on my own turbo Zed.

One day I hope to return the favor.

He has told me the story many times. 360 without hitting any cones:grin:

He let me drive it Sunday night (the night of this video) Its still only at 9 psi on his new motor. Feels awesome!! He told me that besides "Sparky" I was the only other guy to drive his car. What a ride indeed.

lol, I would love to hear how he tells that story, you should get it on video!

ha!

yeah, 360 without any cones, and not only that, but it was the fourth or fifth fastest first run of the day with the spin! I tried to calm things down and smooth it out my next runs but was 6 seconds slower on my second run :( the next three runs I got all my time back plus two seconds.

for my B-day last year my Girlfriend gave me this:

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=8492

lol, that was the spin on my first run, I must have made the photographer crap his pants because he was RIGHT there!

:) still smiling.

Thats awsome, I think I've seen that photo? I think Chris has a copy of it?? I know I've seen it before. Thats about the same story. With the spin it was still one of the fastest times! lol

When he let me drive it, he "LET" me drive it! I beat the hell out of it. He said he built it to be driven. He even got out and let me take off HARD through 1st 2nd 3rd...... We beat our selves up that we didn't bring the camera!!!!! We even saw a brown tarantula in the road, we stopped, and he let it crawl on him. AHHHHH I wish we brought the camera with us on that drive!:cry2::cry2::cry2:

you blew the motor?! what?!

yea, broke a ring land. I haven't taken it apart yet. But its the same as the last one. So anyway maybe this "true" turbo motor will last. The last one was fine, its just that 20 psi of boost and detonation got me. It probably would of been fine if I left it at 15-16 psi??