HybridZ

My 350z is totaled!!!... Next car should be: 350z,M Coupe, Z06?

Thumper

Well about 3 weeks ago I was in an accident. I hydroplaned and hit a congrete drain going backwards. It happened doing the speed limit (I had a witness :mrgreen:) 45mph on a rainy day. I was being passed by lots of cars including my witness when all of sudden the back end kicked out. I tried to steer into but it still continued to swing around so I put my brakes on and went for a ride.

I'm lucky because I missed hiting the beginning of a guard rail (which would have lifted my car up and most likely fliped it) and slide down into a water gulley on the side of the road. I went into it backwards and hit a 3'x3'x2' concrete drain cover. After I hit it I skidded across the concrete doing underbody damage (which I think caused the car to be totaled). They got up to 18k damage before they stopped adding up. Every crossmember on the bottom had been bent etc... Pics of car will posted when I got home from work.:mrgreen:

One thing I can say I did wrong was I knew my car had bald rear tires (sez's fault:mrgreen:) and it had hydroplaned two times earlier but it never kicked out just wobbled alittle(thus why I was doing the speed limit) . The ironic thing is I had ordered two new tires 2hrs earlier from tiredirect:fmad:.

In the end the car was totaled, I had a small bump on my head and slight reverse whiplash(both gone two days later), I found out my license was suspended because of a ticket I got in Louisanna going to SEZ 6 I didn't take care of(taken care of now), had to argue alittle with insurance company to get the amount I wanted, and now i'm driving a 96' Mazda Protege (auto, 1.5l, one of the slowest cars in the world):cry:

So now that has been taken care of what car should I get next. I've narrowed it down to three but leaning towards one. The first car would be another 03'-04' 350z less mileage but the same car, next would be a BMW M Coupe (I personally love the way this car looks), and last but not least an 02' Corvette Z06. All would be black and manual. They are all within my budget the 350z is least expensive and z06 is the most. I'm leaning towards the z06 because of how good it is stock but i've never been a fan of gm quality (import guy here) and the interior is not what I expect from a 50k car (espeically the radio). What are your thoughts on these vehicles? Mikelly any pointers on the z06?

I would go with the angry clown shoe, BMW M coupe all the way. I've driven several M coupes and roadsters and must say that they are awesome. I am a bit biased though as I have a love for da german machinery.

unique, well mannered, and grippy.

I know that the vette is a serious machine and very well priced, but geez are they boring. I see at least 20 of those things on the road...so many that they just blend in with all the other boring traffic. You could say the same thing about the 350Z, but I would still rather have that if I had to chose between the vette and Z.

my opinion, naturally. Drive all of them first, then decide.

I would go with the angry clown shoe, BMW M coupe all the way.

LOL I haven't heard that before. But it soo fits. Most people either love it or hate it. I love it. The bmw does have style and comfort over the z06 but the z06 has it beat in the performance category.

For a daily you will like the z06 much better its very roomy and doesnt feel cramped. M roadsters and coupe are SMALL, they are great little sports car and I LOVE driving them but kinda small for a daily.

My dad has a M roadster and a C5 vette. I like both of them but they are completely different. The M is small and agile with a smooth power band... its just fits you feel like your are part of it and you can just toss is around... great for cruising mountain roads. The Vette is big and has more raw torque down low feels like its ready for a swooping road course.

Anyway drive each and decide whats right for you.

Guest Death69

take a weekend and just test drive different cars. everyone has different "feelings" about cars. just drive a couple, even some random ones, to help narrow your choices

The E46 M3 simply rocks...true 4 place and with a little work easily sub 5 sec 0-60 combined with one of the most beautiful bodies ever crafted. All with BMW engineering and craftmanship. I have an 06 330 ZHP coupe and I my next car is the M3 before they change over to the new design.

Sucks about your 350Z, you didn't really have it that long did you?

My service writer just sold his 350ZT for $25,000. It was a super nice car too. It had the turbonetics single turbo, forge 8.8:1 Weisco pistons, forged Eagle rods, Ruff racing staggered rims(oh did they look sweet!), nice sound system, APEXI fuel controller, Apexi Wideband O2, Greedy Profec B boost controller, and turbo timer. I told him he didn't sell it for enough but he's happy its sold. There was absolulty nothing wrong with it he just figured that it was time to sell while he could still get decent money for it. Now he's looking at C6's, Z4's, 330i(06'), FX35/45's and RX-7's(still trying to convince him to swap a LS1/2 into one of them! LOL).

If it was me I would be all over a C6, you can pick one up for about 35K all day long and they just look and sound so nice! Chevy finally stepped up to the plate with the interior too! Not to mention after seeing multiple videos on the internet of those things just tearing up the streets, it just looks like you get a lot of car for the the money. We all know how nice the LS engine is and now its even better with the 6.0! I don't know if the C6 is in your price range but that's where I would be looking if I was in the market for a car like this!

Guy

Are you talking about M-z3 or M-z4 coupe.

I can`t say anything other than the Bimmer cause... I work there.

But I just love the Z4 coupe, it's shape reminds me of the Z/quote]

I'm looking at the z3 M coupe. Ironic thing is it is more expensive than the z06. I hadn't really looked at m coupes prices untill yesterday. In order to get it into my price range it needs to be a 99-00 maybe 01. Most likely due to being so rare. So I think I will either get a 350z or z06. One of the reasons i'm looking into the z06 over the 350z because in order to get the acceleration to the z06 level i'll need atlest 5-7k dollars and thats even getting the handling and brakes to that level. Of course i've driven the 350z and i've driven a m-coupe, so this weekend i'm going to testdrive a z06.

this weekend i'm going to testdrive a z06.

Prepare to be... scared. If youre ready to buy I think you may come home with a new car this weekend. The powerband on the Z06 is just plain insane, and I think it would take more than 5-7K to get a 350Z to its level.

- Greg -

Prepare to be... scared. If youre ready to buy I think you may come home with a new car this weekend. The powerband on the Z06 is just plain insane, and I think it would take more than 5-7K to get a 350Z to its level.

- Greg -

No, you can get a 350Z Track edition(already has the big brakes) up to par with a C5 Z06 with 5-7K easy. My service writers 350Z put down 400RWHP @8.5psi. That car would eat Z06's all day long in stock form.

glad to see your ok Ted!

sorry to hear about the accident!

You go through more cars then I go through new underwear.. *erm wait.. that reminds me*

ughm.. anyway! thats a tough call! Z06 or BMW M series?! I say Z06 purely for one reason.. raw brutal horsepower.. in addition COST OF MAINTENACE!

BMW's will be hell on the wallet over the years and fixing parts, while Chevy's are cheap man!

glad to see your ok Ted!

sorry to hear about the accident!

You go through more cars then I go through new underwear.. *erm wait.. that reminds me*

ughm.. anyway! thats a tough call! Z06 or BMW M series?! I say Z06 purely for one reason.. raw brutal horsepower.. in addition COST OF MAINTENACE!

BMW's will be hell on the wallet over the years and fixing parts, while Chevy's are cheap man!

Yeah i'm glad I got away with no lasting effects. But if I hadn't pulled myself forward off of the seat then I would have had no bumps or strains.

About the underwear umm yeah I try to change it alteast everytime I do an oil change or get a new car.:ass: This was my first true at fault accident I've ever had. I say true because my mr2 caught fire about 4yrs ago. Other than that one person did a hit and run on me and someone backed into my parked car. I guess i've been halfway lucky.

Damn I just counted up all my cars and i've had 14 cars in 9yrs of driving. Thats not including cars I've bought and sold for a profit. Sheesh yeah i'm an addict and my name's Ted... Hi! Ted

Well I think I will be more happy with the z06 so thats what I will get. I found one within my price range and in color I want Blue (I wanted blue or black) The only downside is its in Cali and will take 20 days to transfer to Houston. Damn did I mention i'm impatient. Oh well I guess it won't hurt (too much) to drive the slowmobile (protege) around for 3 more weeks. As soon as I remember to grab my camera from friends house i'll post pics of my 350z.