HybridZ

350z dash to 280z dash

Guest dangan10511

Guest dangan10511

ok i was wandering if anyone has ever heard of anyone taking a dash from a 350z and putting it in a 240,260, or 280z. Maybe what im asking is, is it possible cause i can get ahold of one for not way to much money and wandering if it would fit or if i could make it fit

I was thinking about it, and for putting any dash i think the most important measurement would be the distance between where the center column goes through and where the center column starts. it seems like everything else could be trimmed. length, height, width...

Guest 280ZForce
WOW outstanding ! I wonder if all the controls work ?

yup! everything works on the car. He even put the Brembo 350z brake setup on it. 350z seats, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
That looks cool, not so much the front air dam thing, but what tail lights are those 350z ? also i think it would look really cool to get into a 350z and see a 240z dash

those are Jeep liberty tail lights turned sideways...

That is Fred Sangalang's Car...his project shown at this years' MSA was a mid-engined 240Z that utilized the new Maxima Drivetrain mounted behind the seats...and it had an onboard jacking system so you could rotate the car about it's centerpoint. Really handy if you get into a deadend road and can't three-point....I guess....LOL

As for what parts are what on one of Fred's cars...anybody's guess! It may have started as one thing, but he will rework just about anything to make it fit.

Photos above a great case in point!

Should have seen his '4WDZ' that was mounted on a Bronco 2 Frame! That started out as an innocent comment one day of "Hey Fred, now the only thing you haven't done was make a 4 By 4 Z-Car!"

You gotta watch what you say around him...he WILL make it work! LOL

He will also, if you ask him, tell you exactly what he did in detail on whatever you want to know. Really a great craftsman, who is proud of his work, and more than willing to share what he did to overcome whatever challenge was presented. He is a great guy to talk to at a car show about his car---really nice! If you get the chance at an MSA show, or anywhere else, just ask him, he'll tell you.