HybridZ

Sport Max 002 wheels falling apart..

I got what I paid for..

the PLASTIC yes plastic rivets on the wheels are falling off.

After an eventful day on the track and super heating my brakes.. the damn rivets melted and flew off the damn wheel.

I will get pics later.. but I am missing about.. ohh more than HALF of my rivets on the front wheels

Great for daily driving and drag racing..

but road racing or autox effs them up. great

Time to go to diamond racing wheels.... About the same price but steel. They won't come apart on you as they are meant for NASCAR and other such racing types.

What do the plastic rivets hold? Hopefully not the center section to the rim...

Sorry about this problem...

Dang Ryan that does really suck.. one would think.. a WHEEL would not start coming apart like that.. Thats just dangerious.. LAW suite.. if one had come apart and wrecked your car because of it.. Are the rivits cosmetic? or do they actually hold any part of the wheel togeather?

Exactly. These rivets are not actually holding the wheels together. Taking them all out is the other answer.

That was my thought. They're nice wheels for what you pay for them. If it's really bothersome I'm sure you can find some replacements rather cheap or even find some nice small 12 point bolts that will fit the holes if you tap them.

they are supposed to call me back shortly.. the sales manager at sportmax is sourcing them down.

I could do that... but why.. i paid money and in less than a year the wheels fall apart. I hope they send me some free ones

i know there were 2 versions of the wheel concerning the rivets. I think the design changed on the 16x8's midway through production. Half of mine are the newer design and the others are the older ones. Ill try to get pictures posted up on it.

$99 per wheel shipped for 16x8. You can't expect them to stand behind the product. I understand that it would take a loooong time to tap and bolt them by hand. Maybe there is another way. Self tapping screws, Alloy rivets, Rubber plugs? or as Jon says, leave 'em full of holes. It's still a good wheel.