HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

And a wise choice it was!!! These cars are great daily drivers with a good blend of ride quality, handling, power and ease of maintenance. I'm using my 77 280Z as my daily driver for this summer.

The maintenance is easy; removing the power steering pump to swap the alternator was less so. :D

I used to see these cars all over the road when I was in high school. Now, you don't see very many of them. I passed a yellow s30 near where I work the other week.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest penth2o

Hello from Northern Michigan,

Picked up a 1980 280ZX 2+2 GL with the Gold accent package with leather.

New to the Z and just started learning all I can on this beautiful vehicle.

My first site was the zcar.com. I posted over there with a couple of pics and some questions. To save retyping it all, if any of you have time would you please take a look and possibly give some of your thoughts.

Thank you for your time and help.

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/1/2028466

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/1/2028477

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/1/2028479

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/1/2030312

Yasin,

How are you doing? You are trying to follow my foot step aren't you? I just got a red/black AE a few months back too. It has 37K and looks brand new so I couldn't resist. I have to find a nice day to take some more pictures of my car. Congrats on the new baby.

V.

Yasin,

How are you doing? You are trying to follow my foot step aren't you? I just got a red/black AE a few months back too. It has 37K and looks brand new so I couldn't resist. I have to find a nice day to take some more pictures of my car. Congrats on the new baby.

V.

Doing great brother!! Great to hear from you. Yes I am following in your footsteps, big boots to fill though! Enjoying my new aquisition! Post some pics of your new AE brother!

Yasin

• 1 month later...

My 81 turbo used to be clean ! The last five or six winters here in KS have been brutal and the front fenders started rotting, I m planning to do a v-8 swap on this car rather than my 260 which is rust free. I know bass ackwards huh?

P3280070.jpg

Montana

P3280084.jpg

wyoming

322a.jpg

Well im new to this forum and just found this posting. so i might be late but here is mine....nothing pretty.....yet

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=2b679390-27c6-4345-ad6a-01c5bf8c1287&Aux=44|0|8CB9FFDF1C553B0|

This is the first time i saw it.

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=c744f925-9155-44a2-af11-525f2ff159ab&Aux=44|0|8CB9FFE76D27420|

This is on the tow ride back to the garage.

My current plans as of now are as follows

1) removing everything from the car for a complete sand blast

2) autobody repair, paint, and tint

3) rims, tires, and suspension

4) Interior overhual. To include 350z seats, steering colom, door handles, possible gages, and mirros

5) VQ35DE motor swap with transmission

6) engine build from ground up

7) twin turbo

8) custom interior system work

So it might seam like a lot but its workable. the current engine runs great as does everything else. so not realy much to fix. The body just needs to be smoothed out. I do need some stuff from you guys if at all possible.

1) fender flares...jdm style. i cant find them online or anywhere

2) possible ideas on mounting the VQ motor

3) Rims....i cant find any good looking rims that no one has, everyone seams to have the same rims and i want someting different. id like to find a stlye like the mustang boss rim but with a deeper dish and the 5 spokes to extend to the dish with out the buffer area. color and price arnt realy important. im going to flat black them anyways.

4) a good looking areo kit for it. i like the way that the 240z looks but i couldnt find one here. Just something to lower the body down a little nothing to agressive

Everything else is pretty much takin care of. So thanks for any help you can give.