HybridZ

Smallest production v8

Guest TeamNissan

• Administrators
How much in terms of horse power/ torque do those mini motors put out? Is it realative to the scale. For instance if a SBC has 100 hp would the 1/12 model SBC put out 12 HP?

I think it was that exact blown V-8 pictured above, (the one being ran), that was ran a miniature engine dyno built just for these engines, and it recorded something like 25 HP. That particular really didn’t run smooth, lots of misfires. Ron Tyler probably remembers better than I.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiat Otto Vu (8V) had a 2 (1996cm^3) liter V8. There were a little over 100 made, so it hardly qualifies as a production engine.

8v_mlim.jpg

8V_1.jpg

Currently, Audi makes 4 liter V8s, and I can't think of anything smaller that is in production as of today.

• 5 weeks later...

1994 bmw 530i 3.0 V8 It is a 32- valve, double overhead cam, sequentially fuel-injected aluminum engine that develops 215 horsepower and is available with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission.

Guest TeamNissan
1994 bmw 530i 3.0 V8 It is a 32- valve, double overhead cam, sequentially fuel-injected aluminum engine that develops 215 horsepower and is available with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission.

Mentioned in post #7

• 2 weeks later...

I kick my self from time to time; I had a 1962 Oldsmobile F85 with a 218 V8. Sold it for the stupid reason of a hit on the driver side front door by a drunk driver and I lost love –so I felt- . One of those regrets that we sometimes make in life. If I am not mistaken Oldsmobile sold the rights of the 218 V8 to Rover, which in terms base its or some of its V8 from the 218 Olds.

My mistake It was a 215 V8 my apologies.

I kick my self from time to time; I had a 1962 Oldsmobile F85 with a 218 V8. Sold it for the stupid reason of a hit on the driver side front door by a drunk driver and I lost love –so I felt- . One of those regrets that we sometimes make in life. If I am not mistaken Oldsmobile sold the rights of the 218 V8 to Rover, which in terms base its or some of its V8 from the 218 Olds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
the ferrari f40 was a 2.4L TT.

and the rover v8s (not buick related, but the ones that the earlier Tvrs like the chimaera and cerbera engines were based on) was in its smallest for destroked to 3.1 litres i think.

The Cerbera AJP8 never had anything to do with or anything in common with the Rover V8 bar the number of cylinders, it was a ground up design, flat plane crank, 75 (or there about) angle, it's much more Formula 1 than agricultural Land Rover. The Rover V8s are Buick related too.

Cheers,

Rob

fair nuff, i thought the cerbera and the chimaera had a lot more in common, but hey.

Nope, literally only a few design cues on the outside and similar ladder frame underneath (but obviously longer on the Cerb), other than that they're chalk and cheese and the Cerb will destroy a Chim/Griff off the line :D

Cheers,

Rob