HybridZ

one mile car jump

660Z

i heard the guy died in the stunt. anyone know if this is true or not?

Fast forward the video to 3:45. He broke his back (for the seventh time) but lived to tell the tale.

that's why we have engineers? I thought that's why we had bridges...

• Administrators

I honestly wonder if all that was staged, i.e. the car did exactly as they planned? My point being, how was he planning on landing across the river, SAFELY? Where and how was that car supposed to land and land in such a sway that it wouldn’t kill the occupant from the massive impact with terra-firma from that elevation and speed? His car was supposed to reach a height of 350 feet. If it were actually planned to come down from that height with a living occupant onboard, if this was truly planned out over 4 years, there would’ve been a landing ramp, a WIDE landing ramp to allow for trajectory errors. The ramp woud be designed and angled to absorb and dissipate all that energy from 350 feet elevation and a supposed 280 MPH.. I didn’t see any ramp on the other side. Honestly, the car would tumble, if not in mid air, when it hit the ground. Parachute was large enough to “land" the car from a high elevation, not really be a drag chute to slow it down after landing..

Hmmm…

IIRC, from what I heard from my parents when I was a kid, it was supposed to land with the said chute but, what the hell was he thinking about??? A Lincoln!!!!!! $1 000 000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jeez what an idiot...

It's nice to see it on video though, I had only heard of it and taught it was knievel who had done it...

I honestly wonder if all that was staged, i.e. the car did exactly as they planned? My point being, how was he planning on landing across the river, SAFELY? Where and how was that car supposed to land and land in such a sway that it wouldn’t kill the occupant from the massive impact with terra-firma from that elevation and speed? His car was supposed to reach a height of 350 feet. If it were actually planned to come down from that height with a living occupant onboard, if this was truly planned out over 4 years, there would’ve been a landing ramp, a WIDE landing ramp to allow for trajectory errors. The ramp woud be designed and angled to absorb and dissipate all that energy from 350 feet elevation and a supposed 280 MPH.. I didn’t see any ramp on the other side. Honestly, the car would tumble, if not in mid air, when it hit the ground. Parachute was large enough to “land" the car from a high elevation, not really be a drag chute to slow it down after landing..

Hmmm…

It had a parachute. Now would it have worked that low and with that weight..i dont know.