HybridZ

****vote For The Best Custom Z Diecast****

MOTORHEAD427

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got bored enough today to get some pictures of the new collection. I'll go take them out of the boxes in a few minutes. I thought about leaving them sealed, but I'm not that kind of collector.

100_1407.jpg

I was waiting for the contest to be officially over before I posted this car. This is a hybrid that was made from the remains of the contest. This 442 ended up as an engineless hulk so with a couple mins of work I slapped the four banger from the Z in! I was shocked that it accutally looks decent, now I just need to find a replacement spoiler...

100_1414.jpg

100_1415.jpg

I was waiting for the contest to be officially over before I posted this car. This is a hybrid that was made from the remains of the contest. This 442 ended up as an engineless hulk so with a couple mins of work I slapped the four banger from the Z in! I was shocked that it accutally looks decent, now I just need to find a replacement spoiler...

100_1414.jpg

100_1415.jpg

4 cylinders,

4 on the floor,

2 passenger maximum cargo load!

Sounds good Eric, Cant wait to see them!

btw, I noticed that this little Z has both the deep dish wheels on the passengers side and both the shallow rims on the drivers side. Took me a couple days to notice, but thought you might like to know.

You got yourself an "error" car...You should have kept it in the blister pack.:)

It happens sometimes.

Here`s a little something about little cars that most people don`t know:

All diecast model cars in all scales are hand assembled. You can NOT assemble them with machines. Tampo graphics are applied by machines, body is painted in booths but small details like the shifter knob in a 1/24 car is hand painted. Windows, bumpers and all other parts are hand assembled. You can`t do these with a machine...

So basically what I`m trying to say is every 1000th car or so, might have a small error. There are people who collect error cars in blister packs and depending on the error they pay at least 3-4 times more than what the model is worth...

Also, when it comes to collectability, the most valuable of all scales is 1/64 - 3 1/2" scale... I know a model that sold for over $70K...:eek:

ERIC

You got yourself an "error" car...You should have kept it in the blister pack.:)

It happens sometimes.

All diecast model cars in all scales are hand assembled. You can NOT assemble them with machines. Tampo graphics are applied by machines, body is painted in booths but small details like the shifter knob in a 1/24 car is hand painted. Windows, bumpers and all other parts are hand assembled. You can`t do these with a machine...

So basically what I`m trying to say is every 1000th car or so, might have a small error. There are people who collect error cars in blister packs and depending on the error they pay at least 3-4 times more than what the model is worth...

Also, when it comes to collectability, the most valuable of all scales is 1/64 - 3 1/2" scale... I know a model that sold for over $70K...:eek:

ERIC

HAHA, you screwed up!!1!1111!!

(please take this in the right humor, im being funny:ass:)

It happens sometimes.

ERIC

Eric, You know that show on discovery called "HOW IT WORKS" how awesome would it be to get them to come to JADA and do a show there.. I really like that show. It would be really neat to see all the details in how these little masterpieces are actually made.. Think Jada would be interested in doing that show?

Gabe

OK, I never even peeked at this thread before... I am not particularly into models of any type unless I built them from scratch, preferable from balsa instead of die-cast plastic. I do own two 1:18 scale 240Z models made by Yat Ming Industries, both were gifts from someone with low confidence in their gifting abilities, and I appreciate them = ) So, I wish I had read this before, I would have voted... the entries were great, nice variety and a lot of work!

Anyway, I just got back from a week-long vacation at Lake Okoboji in Northern Iowa. I was in a Casey convenience store asking for directions (Google Maps let me down on the last major turn) when our 12-year said "Hey, look at this!" I know he is at the shelving unit strategically placed and stereotypically stocked to sucker tourists out of their money for crappy items that will be lost or broken before they even get home, so I shoot him my best "In a minute, Al...." that is designed to suggest that 6 hours of driving and moderating back-seat bickering have not left me with a whole lot of interest or generosity. He persisted, so I shrugged and wandered over. He was holding a Glossy, Black, ZGed, amazing-looking little 240Z! The clerk says "Ya, dunno what it is, just put it out yesterday..." and I am exulting at this chance, improbable find, it even has what looks to be a RB20 in it! Fast forward a week, and I now know that in Northern Iowa, Caseys has a very strong presence... even cow towns have one or two of them, and apparently 90% or so of them stock these cool little modified Datsun Z cars!

Sorry for the thread-jack.... but the funny thing is, (remember, I hadn't read this thread before) After seeing different paint jobs on the same car I bought, I thought it might be kinda original to repaint mine, or perhaps even modify it a little... maybe some of the people over at the Hybrid might appreciate it. Go figure.... :rolleyesg:mrgreen:

With the wheels being different side to side I never would have noticed it in the blister, I would have always thought all four were shallow. I'll keep my eyes peeled for another. Unlikely since imports dont sell too well around here, remember I had to order my 1/24th online.

The show is called "How Its Made" on the discovery channel. I watch it every chance I get. From what I have seen all the companies they visit are in Canada.