HybridZ

Z with body kit on ebay...

OlderThanMe

I don't mind the tail section. Can you say mega 50's era overhang? Actually the hood alone has a great cowl design, though who knows how it was built. The front on the other hand looks like a sissy cartoon carp fish mouth. All its missing is a hook lol. Hey at least he admits it has rust issues.

Hey Mike, I see what your talking about, but after blowing up some of those not so clear pics, I noticed alot of rust colored spray foam in those areas.

I'm not saying all the apparent rust is the foam, but alot of it is. If I were interested, I think I'd request some better close up pics of the usual areas...

Whata you think?

I was within seconds of bidding on this car, until I started reviewing the pics closely... WOW, what an abnormally LARGE amount of rust in the interior rockers and rear wheel wells... :-(

Not kiddin', I was gonna bid some coin and go drag it home.. It's a 10 hour tow to Jacksonville, not that far at all, and an easy drive.

Mike

J. I have "previous" experience with that foam spray, and it traps a LOT of moisture... My guess is that where there isn't foam, there's rust and lots of it... You see the pics of the passenger floorboard/ internal rocker panel??? That's what first caused pause for concern... Then that spray foam was the kiss of death...

What I'd do is get that car knocked down to primer, have it re-shot after a complete overhaul of the driveline/suspension/brakes and a Serious wheel upgrade. I'd do sectioned coil overs to get it lower, recreate the rear valance a little more "full at the bottom, and put a pedistal mount spoiler at the rear, and find a set of gnose headlight covers... The Gnose, fender flares and wide rear would actually help with aerodynamics, so long as a spoiler and headlight covers were incorporated up front and a spoiler was mounted off the rear to aid in distrurbing the turbulance at the rear to kick the near wake further out past that overhang...

If it were rust free, I'd buy that car tomorrow and cuss about for the next 7 years... See, history would repeat itself... thanks rust! :2thumbs:

Mike

You know, its one thing to do whatever you want to do to your car.. but sometimes you might sell it and find out exactly how brutally "out there" your tastes really are. Sometimes this can be a painful lesson... not that it will deter any of us, just pointing out a little humor in the situation.