HybridZ

Some advice please! (pictures)

I just got new rims and tires for my '78 280Z. I got them in 16's (rims and tires) But when I put them on they didnt appeal to me at all, I think they would look better if they were installed in a mini-van. So all in all, I dont like them. I love the tires and the chrome aspect of it, but the rim its-self disappoints me alot. So im going to take them back to les schwab tires tomorrow and ask if they could trade them in for something I would like.... Im pretty sure they would since they would be a day old tomorrow.

Tell me what you guys think, do you like them or should I buy the famous Sport Max 16x7's.

zwheel.jpg

zwheel2.jpg

zwheel4.jpg

zwheel3.jpg

zwheel5.jpg

SPORT MAX:

sportmax.jpg

sell those rims asap and get those sports....those chrome rims u have are just wrong.

Again, I'll be totally honest and say at least they arent teddy bear wheels. BTW, the lip on the sportmax wheels looks like chrome in some lighting...since you like chrome.

can some of u guys post pics of your cars with the sportmax's on plz so i can see

There are several threads that include pic's of cars with the Sport Max rims installed...do a search. The group buy thread has quite a few images as well.

P.S. - Good luck returning the rims, most places won't take them back after the tires are mounted..they're considered 'used' now.

Ok I brought the car back to les schwab tires and they said they could exchange them for a wheel that I liked and that they supplied.... Sportmax isnt one of their suppliers so I sadly cant use that..... Can you guys give me some suggestions on some other wheels that look good in 15's 16's or maybe 17's on my 280Z. I don't want it to look too tacky, u know, something like the sportmax's with a medium offset.

Thanks guys.

-Dylan

Really? we called american racing if they sold 16's for datsun 280Z's but they came up with one, and it wasnt really the style that I liked, but if they do 15's then i might check it out... Z cars are a bitch to find good rims for.......

See if they carry Centerline, they have a very large selection for the s30, the two I like are the Ventura's (Hint: they are having a clearance on the 15's:)) The convo pro's have always been a favourite of mine to, not sure why there are not many Z's with these wheels on. The thing I like about the Ventura's is that you can pick the backspacing and width of the rim. Good Luck.

Here is a link:

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals_list.php