HybridZ

16x8 tire size

I know this has been covered quite a bit but I just want to make sure I order the best size tires. I want the tires to fit perfectly with no bulge and I dont want the stretched look either while keeping as close as possible to stock diameter. So im not sure if I should go with 225/50's or 245/45's? I was also thinking of running the 225/50's up front and 245/45's out back.

Im looking for a good high performance summer tire that is good in the rain. Iv been looking at the Khumo Ecta SPT's, Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 and some others but cant really make up my mind.

Id apreciate any help

thanks

Rob

Check out the tire spec's at tirerack.com. The following link is for the Kumho SPT

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Kumho&model=Ecsta+SPT&tirePageLocQty=

I didn't see you mention thie diameter, but if it's available in the diameter your looking at I think the pefect size for an 8" wide rim is 235. Otherwise a 225 would be the next best option. I think the 245 would have a small bulge to them.

edit: doh, the diameter is in the thread title! I guess 235 isn't an option then.

I would stay away from the Kumho tires. A friend of mine got a full set and within 6 months 2 of them were cracked along the tread to sidewall area. Made his Lexus suv bounce and ride like a wooden wagon. took them back and the store and they contacted Kumho and was told. "What do you expect from a $100 20" tire. No Warranty.

Word to the wise. Spend the extra money now while you are still alive to do so. peace

hmmm... I was set on 225/50's untill you posted that picture, those tires llook almost perfect, the wheel look great too.

Im also really stuck on what tires to get. Id like to get something nice but not rediculously expensive. I plan to go to the track quite a bit so I need something pretty sticky but it also rains alot here. Iv been looking into some BFGoodrich G-force T/A KDW's, Toyo Prexes T1R's and the Hankooks i had mentiond but not sure, I probably wont go with the Khumos.

thanks for all you help

I personally like the Kumhos.

I have run Kumho ECSTA 285/40/17 on the rear and 225/45/17 on the front on my 240z for years. My wife's SUV is also outfitted with them. They ride quiet and grip pretty well for a street tire. I have had no issues with mine and would recommend them to others.

I have 245/45/16 Hoosier A3S04 tires on my 16x8 wheels. They were an extremely tight fit under the stock fenders. They fit the wheel very well, but they are a canterlevered design. The car now has the SubtleZ body kit, and I am in the market for some 15x10 or 15x9.5" wheels so that I can run the new 275/35/15 form Hoosier.