HybridZ

Anyone else like the looks of the 08 Altima?

cygnusx1

I think Nissan finally got it right after many years of missing the mark. Not 100% perfect like the S30 :wink: but pretty nice. I wish that thing came rear wheel drive or all wheel drive.

It needs some larger wheels, a little drop and a little bit of power package to push it up over 340HP...

08_altimacoupe_rear.jpg

I think the sedan looks better than the coupe personally. It looks a lot like the old G35 if you ask me(we have 2 at work(nissan dealership)).

They deffinetly should have made it RWD if they were going to make it a sporty coupe.

It should be a pretty quick car with the 3.5L though....

Guy

Thats what it is. Cheaper g35, less power, front wheel drive, Im sure its sitting on the same platform, and change the looks slightly and there ya go! Personally, I don't like them. Its just a way for people to get a car the looks like a g35 for cheaper. But Im pretty hard on car designers these days. Like the new charger. grrrrrrrrr:icon55:

For everyone but the enthusiasts, that would be a better car, with more trunk room. I've tried to fit just a monitor and computer into a 350Z and had a tough time of it.

I've heard that the interior quality is superior to that of the 350Z as well. Hopefully the refresh will put that sort of quality into the Z. And hopefully a trunk larger than a ragtops :P

This is one of the few cars that the sedan looks better then the coupe.

It looks good from some angles, and rather bland/funky from others. The commercial calls it lightweight, how much does the sucker weigh?

Also, fully loaded it costs over $30k!!!! Nissan has quite a few cars in the same segment competing against each other I think...

Mario

I don't know, I look at it with an open mind an try not to compare it to what it looks like or what it doesn't. It just looks decent to me. I think the nose is a little bit squished but other than that I like how they handled the major body lines.

I don't know, I look at it with an open mind an try not to compare it to what it looks like or what it doesn't. It just looks decent to me. I think the nose is a little bit squished but other than that I like how they handled the major body lines.

Oops forgot to say Im a fan of anything that looks like a Z or skyline but seems like alot of cars are following the same aero style these days..wonder the price will be.

GVWR weight is 4586. Just checked one of the coupes in the shop. The ratio is something like 52:48 i think. I know its not the fastest and its heavy but it can handle its own. trust me i got paid to find this out. It is fairly nimble on the road and is able to take the twisties (but not with the crap wheels and tires it comes with). The size and style is completely different of that of a 350z or g-coupe. When parked next to eachother its a world of difference. The cars cannot really be compared they are targetted at different demographics.

Because of my experience with them I would buy one in a heart beat except there a ton of other Nissans and dattos that are ahead of it in line.

They definately have their quirks but its a first year car as all the 03 350z owners can vouch.

Bottom line its an awesome car.