HybridZ

New headlights that bolt right up!!!

I did a search on this and didn't find anything so if everyone already knows this take it easy on me I'm new...

Headlights out of a Hummer H2 bolt right up in s30 housings. all you have to do is cut out the back for the harnesses. The chrome ring even goes back on. And the beam pattern is sweet too. One really cool thing is that if these fit, the HID kits for the hummer should also fit right in. I work for a custom shop in town and am going to check next time we have some in. But you can see the HID on the hummer at this site. They would look sweet behind the plastic headlight covers...

H2-5Lg.jpg

• Administrators

First off, welcome to HybridZ.

Thanks for the heads up on those “projected” lights. Curious as to how they would look on/in an S-30/S-130?… cool.gif

They sorta look like something that Madonna wore in the ‘80’s… laugh.gif

First off, welcome to HybridZ.

Thanks for the heads up on those “projected†lights. Curious as to how they would look on/in an S-30/S-130?… cool.gif

They sorta look like something that Madonna wore in the ‘80’s… laugh.gif

I think Madonna was associated with the word "hummer" quite often too.

laugh.gif

btw, 280zforce has something like this on his car, except his are german made one-offs or something.

ver-naaaaaaaaaayce.

I think I might go with the newer Q45 projector housings, with a D2S HID System and the 7 projector lights?

they are smaller, but a ring adapter could be made, and then turn signal lights can be fitted there as well, using any turn signal you can fit nicely since you'll have about 1.25 inches of space on either side.

Other popular choices for these types of mods are X5/M5 projectors too

Guest 280ZForce
btw, 280zforce has something like this on his car, except his are german made one-offs or something.

those are the american made knock offs of mine.

they do bubble quite a bit but the beam on the H2 do work quite well. I just thought that they could look pretty sweet...And I did not try the "ebay specials" but they oem GM h2 lights light up the road very nice. Especially over stock sealed beams. Next time these HID's come through the shop I might have to do a quick "test" and post some pics...

they do bubble quite a bit but the beam on the H2 do work quite well. I just thought that they could look pretty sweet...And I did not try the "ebay specials" but they oem GM h2 lights light up the road very nice. Especially over stock sealed beams. Next time these HID's come through the shop I might have to do a quick "test" and post some pics...

Please do!

• 10 months later...
Bringing this thread back to life. If I want legitimate HIDs, I want a projector instead of an H4 housing, such as the one off of Datsunrestore.com? (last item on this page: http://www.datsunrestore.com/catalog.html)

You are correct. Those are not anything close to real HID. They are much much better than the sealed beam that came on the Z though. I bought a pair of the Ecode lights from a guy off zcar dot com named H4lights, and installed them with a relay kit, and they are 100% better than regular sealed beams.

I'm in the middle of a true HID retro fit right now. I'm using e46 Bi Xenon BMW housing/projectors with D2S bulbs and ZKW lens. Its quite involved, but its the real deal and much cheaper than buying those pre made bubble looking ones linked above...

I'll post pics soon as I'm finished with them. :2thumbs:

You are correct. Those are not anything close to real HID. They are much much better than the sealed beam that came on the Z though. I bought a pair of the Ecode lights from a guy off zcar dot com named H4lights, and installed them with a relay kit, and they are 100% better than regular sealed beams.

I'm in the middle of a true HID retro fit right now. I'm using e46 Bi Xenon BMW housing/projectors with D2S bulbs and ZKW lens. Its quite involved, but its the real deal and much cheaper than buying those pre made bubble looking ones linked above...

I'll post pics soon as I'm finished with them. :2thumbs:

Please do, I was in the middle of doing mine when it went all wrong. Would be nice to have a set by next yr when the car is painted.

Clive