HybridZ

9 second RB30 street 240z nearing completion

RIPSNZ

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent work Rob to you and your team. The car looks great. I hope you don't mind but I have posted some of the links to your pics on the NZ Z Club site - if you do mind I will pull them.

Cheers

Mike

Nah, thats fine with me, give me a link to the thread on the z club site if you can,

Rob

k im not so shocked now i can speak :) Congrats to you and you team for building one mean beast. i am really happy to see an rb30det putting down those number and that much power. I was reading in many places that the rb26 can put down more power because the block of the 30 can't handle it. Im glad to see they were wrong and that i can attain my goals with the rb30det. Ive been telling all my non z buddies about your car and what it can do i cant wait to update them on your progress.

9.06, thats just nasty. What's your 60ft on the 9.0x runs?

I dont know much about the tires you are running, but 9.0x on any treaded tire is sick.

Good on ya! ;)

1.42 and 1.41 were the 60fts on the 2 9.0x passes.

With a 630hp small block it use to run low 1.3s- 1.2s so we wern't hard out of the hole by any means, in fact there wasn't alot of boost off the line at all.

I've raised the wheelie bars a bit and we are going to hit it hard off the line next time out, if it hooks up right it should be 8.70-8.80/155-157 on those same fully treaded tyres, then we'll put on the DOT M/Ts, wind up the boost and maybe add the NOS during a run.

Rob

Would you care to share what internals are in your rb30?

The whole point of this exercise was to really test the upper limits of a common combination I sell to customers.

Basicly it goes like this:

Stock block, bored, decked, oil system mods, no block filling/strengthening or braces.

Stock crank, ground and balanced only, no lightning or knife edging.

Stock cradle.

Stock used mains bolts.

Normal off the shelf ACL race bearings.

JUN oil pump drive.

Tomei oil pump.

Billet rods

Forged pistons

R.I.P.S racing 2wd wet sump

Metal head gasket and 11mm ARP head studs.

This bottom end is the next step up from our 100% stock internal motors and we have far superior bottom ends available with massive strength increases over this one, the motor in the 240z is a pretty mild street engine really, fully water cooled etc, you can hop in it and drive it 100s of miles on the street without issue and it behaves beautifully.

Obviously its not just a matter of chucking it all together, there's alot of little 'tricks' I have learnt along the way.

The goal is mid 8s in full street trim then we'll start upping the boost and rpm to see how she likes it.

Rob