HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

Hey 310z, any chance you want to sell those rims?

I will be selling the Enkie 92s 15x7, 0- offset with the BFG G-force KD 225-50-15 when I get the clearence work on the strut towers completed. The tires and wheels have only roled around the shop sence refinishing and installing tires. It may be a couple months before I get them off the car.

17x8 rears and 17 x 7.5 fronts, here's a front trial install.

I'm not running coil overs so I don't think I will be able to avoid spacers (running eibachs and tokico struts). I don't know the exact specs but I will find out. I'm hoping to fit 245/50 on the rears.

advanand240z_front_thumb.jpg

Drifter, your wheels are really threatening to make me spend too much money on old school wheels that will be very hard to find. They really remind me how good sub-16" wheels look on a Z. Actually, if wide, small diameter tires weren't so hard to come by, I probably would have gone that route a long time ago.

Drifter, your wheels are really threatening to make me spend too much money on old school wheels that will be very hard to find. They really remind me how good sub-16" wheels look on a Z. Actually, if wide, small diameter tires weren't so hard to come by, I probably would have gone that route a long time ago.

old skool wheels are worth every penny!:-D

old skool wheels are worth every penny!:-D

The older they get, the fewer of them there are available, the harder they are to find. The lack of supply and the increased demand make them rare and cause people to drool. This makes them more valuable.

The older they get, the fewer of them there are available, the harder they are to find. The lack of supply and the increased demand make them rare and cause people to drool. This makes them more valuable.

I agree, old skool wheels are awesome. Just picked up a nice set of 16x7 enkei 92's myself for 1/3 the price I saw them sell for last.

ShaggyZ I agree with you. A fat set of 15 in. wheels look the best on a Z. But over the year I searched for a high end set of 15x8 with proper offset I watched the tire industry dry up the availability of high preformance rubber. I think the last time I looked, there were only 3 companies making an ultra high performance 225-50-15 with out an R rating and just over a year ago there were more than 6 companies. When I found the 16x8 0-offset BBS's I grabed them as the tire availability is great. I do not like the look of a massive wheel on a Z. It does not look bad, It's just not quite right on a nostaligic Z. Plus, I am not a fan of loosing preformance at all levels due to heavy rotating mass at all four cornors. So I felt going to a ultra light set of 16 was a compromise that would allow tire choice.

They are 15x7 (+10 I believe). I traded for them so I am not sure the exact dimentions.....I just hurriedly put them on last so that I could take the z on a run this morning.

The adapters I used are 48mm. The tires are Kumho Ecsta, I will be giving those back to my buddy as part of the trade. Any recommendations on tires?