HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

For the road:

Stockies. 14x5.5 running 195/60/14 tyres. big balloons to add softening to the suspension for daily driving :P

PA020100_small.jpg

PC020287.jpg

For the track:

Unknown japanese 3 piece ultra light-wieght 3 piece aluminium doobies. 15x6.5 running 225/50/15 race rubber

P1010004.jpg

That is the worst/ugliest stretch on a tire that I've ever seen. When is enough enough?

That isn't even safe.

Ditto!

That's embarrassing.

I can just imagine that there folks out there just logging on to this site for the first time (probably referred by one of us) that are seeing that picture and thinking that this is what were about. I'd erase it.

To each his own, but I'm not really interested in promoting recklessness.

You guys are pretty funny. Theres a point for stretching. It's to fit wheels that aren't supposed under a stock body car. I have seen many people (I included) doing track events with stretched tires and have never seen a "dangerous" tire be dangerous....

Why not just run a narrower wheel?

another sportmaxx user

l_d358af0222d445ee93ba75721f8aaef6.jpg

Lex, any details on size, offsets and spacers if you use any please? also what suspension are you running.

Im looking at getting some sportmaxx 006 or 003's but i cant seem to find any decent offsets for Z's, only +35/40 which i believe would need a spacer on a 7" rim width.

You guys are pretty funny. Theres a point for stretching. It's to fit wheels that aren't supposed under a stock body car. I have seen many people (I included) doing track events with stretched tires and have never seen a "dangerous" tire be dangerous....

I would go so far as to say I've personally seen a tire stretched perhaps 10% less than that one blow out under a hard bump on an S13.

I think the stretch does look a little clean in that it allows deep wheels to clear the fenders, whether rolled/punched out or factory sized, but don't say it's 100% safe, because it takes a lot more side-wall loading to stretch a wire-wound tire to a wheel that it was definitely not made to fit in such a manner.

But as I said, that stretch is just ridiculous, and while I agree with ZWOLF's sentiments regarding it's ridiculousness, to each his own! and if you wanna run it, gaw'head! :icon14:

I just wouldn't change those looks over the front end/cost of refinishing a wheel to look sooper-drift.

hey i think if someone wants to stretch their tires let it be,we are all car guys and to put a person down about their tastes and what they like is not right. the car scene has never stop changing but some of us has stop, in the eyes of few change is ugly because they don't understand, just let things be and enjoy the happiness cars bring in our life.

Have you guys ever seen wheels like this?

Does anyone have idea what brand/model these wheels are?

Iam still waiting my Z to come from USA, I only have few pics...:cry2:

DSC02997.jpg

Now I know, these aluminium wheels are made by Kenco, and these are 7x14", ET unknown, but pretty close to 0.

I just wouldn't change those looks over the front end/cost of refinishing a wheel to look sooper-drift.

How is it super-drift???? Just because it has stretched tires it super drift?

Its actually a style call Bosozoku, and it has nothing to do with drifting.

How is it super-drift???? Just because it has stretched tires it super drift?

Its actually a style call Bosozoku, and it has nothing to do with drifting.

It was popular it the late 80's on lowered mini trucks too. It is in the same category as 22" spinners and wire wheels. :icon14: for the Monte Carlo :D . I showed my wife the stretched tire. Being that this is a Z board, she said "shut up, that's not for real".

Here are my Simmons F90 17x8" on all four. Was going to go with white centers but changed mind at the last moment!

Mate, they are awesome, loving those simmons wheels! Thats what i plan on running on mine, but 17x9.5 or 10's on all four (Race car)

I reckon the black centres would look sweet with my orange paint.

Whats the difference between the F90's and the FR17's, they look very similar.

Your car looks great, whats the rest of the specs?

It was popular it the late 80's on lowered mini trucks too. It is in the same category as 22" spinners and wire wheels. :icon14: for the Monte Carlo :D . I showed my wife the stretched tire. Being that this is a Z board, she said "shut up, that's not for real".

...ditto just about any lowrider on reverse triple-plate Dayton wire wheels.

It pretty much comes down to form over function, and stretching a tire is very much about form while ignoring function.

Stretching was popular in Europe(specifically Germany) in the '80s when regulations prevented tire widths beyond a certain point, so to get the look of a wide rim, the tire was left the stock width in order to keep the tread within the fenders. The narrow tire was mounted on a wider wheel, and viola, plenty of flashy rim lip while staying within regs. Not sure how it started with Bosozoku in Japan, but it might have migrated over from Europe.

The negatives outweigh the positives with regard to performance and safety. Otherwise, we'd be seeing this on performance vehicles from the factory or in racing environments. I seriously doubt you'd be able to pass tech with stretched tires in most sanctioned groups.

Mate, they are awesome, loving those simmons wheels! Thats what i plan on running on mine, but 17x9.5 or 10's on all four (Race car)

I reckon the black centres would look sweet with my orange paint.

Whats the difference between the F90's and the FR17's, they look very similar.

Your car looks great, whats the rest of the specs?

Thanks for the compliments!

I think the only difference is the centres are bolted on the outside of the two rims and not behind. I could be wrong though.. As for the specs on the car in short;

RB25DE with throttle bodies,Standard 5 speed, 3.9 CLSD R200, half cage with intrusion bars, Velo seats, Coilovers with Kings/Koni's, Porsche 928S II front calipers with 330mm discs and Skyline R31 disc/caliper Wolf V500 ECU and lots of other bits & pieces that I cant remember!