HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

Here a is low-tech photoshop (place wheels in front of existing wheels and stand way back, LOL) of my Z with XXR's.......

Ahaha Jon you had me fooled there for a second, I couldn't figure out if you bought Kevin's wheels or got your own or what was going on there.

Thanks for the compliments!

I think the only difference is the centres are bolted on the outside of the two rims and not behind. I could be wrong though.. As for the specs on the car in short;

RB25DE with throttle bodies,Standard 5 speed, 3.9 CLSD R200, half cage with intrusion bars, Velo seats, Coilovers with Kings/Koni's, Porsche 928S II front calipers with 330mm discs and Skyline R31 disc/caliper Wolf V500 ECU and lots of other bits & pieces that I cant remember!

Oh, so it sounds like that one of them is a two piece split rim, the other must be three piece, cool thanks. I will have too do some homework before placing an order, cheers. Your car does sound like a cool piece of kit.

• 1 month later...

So, for those of you who might know: I ordered a set of the XXR (Sportmax) 002s, the 16x8 with 0 offset. I was looking at putting 245/45R16 on all four corners on my '71 240. I have the stock fenders, but I have the blue tokicos with coilovers, is this going to present a rub issue or can I get away with it?

Should I go with the 225/50R16s instead?

I think the height clearance is okay (they're only like .4" inches taller than the 215/60R14s I have now) and those don't seem to ever come in contact with the fender because of the stiffer suspension I'm running.

Guest Revision Auto Salon
Hi. Anybody know what rims these are and where I can possibly order them from? Thanks.

Binggy240Za.jpg

Binggy240Zb.jpg

I would also like to know what rims these are. They look sick, sorta like forgeline RS's

So, for those of you who might know: I ordered a set of the XXR (Sportmax) 002s, the 16x8 with 0 offset. I was looking at putting 245/45R16 on all four corners on my '71 240. I have the stock fenders, but I have the blue tokicos with coilovers, is this going to present a rub issue or can I get away with it?

Should I go with the 225/50R16s instead?

I think the height clearance is okay (they're only like .4" inches taller than the 215/60R14s I have now) and those don't seem to ever come in contact with the fender because of the stiffer suspension I'm running.

I have 245/45/16's on the rear of my 16x8 with 0 offset and stock fenders and on big dips it rubs. I am going to roll the fenders and see if that helps come spring. I'm not running them up front though, I have 225/50/16's so I dont know about upfront.

I finally took the car off the jacks today after it seems years. Actually it has been up there for the a while to install my wildwoods all the way around and rerun brake lines-PITA. This is the first day I have seen the car with the Rotas and the tires sitting on the ground. By the way the tires are 245/45/17's.

bumper fitment 007_thumb.jpg

bumper fitment 008_thumb.jpg

I have 245/45/16's on the rear of my 16x8 with 0 offset and stock fenders and on big dips it rubs. I am going to roll the fenders and see if that helps come spring. I'm not running them up front though, I have 225/50/16's so I dont know about upfront.

Janaka:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I settled on the 225/50/16s (Yokohama S. Drives) on all fours. If I don't notice a significant improvement on rear "torque" handling under acceleration from these over what I had (cheap kumho 215/60/14) I will probably opt for some wider rear ones. The only "rolling" I had to do was upfront, when I put the wheels and tires on it only had like 1/16th" clearance on the lower valence, so I just did a quick tuck with a mallet and dolly and that give it about 3/8" clearance, even at its apex, so I should be good because suspension travel on average road conditions is minimal and the swaybars I have do a good job of keeping body roll to a minimum during hard cornering.

I can't wait until my Z is picture worthy. I am in the process of redoing the interior, putting the wheels on was kind of precursor to that. Of course, I won't be able to fully test the fitment of the new wheels until I get atleast the driver's seat back in.