HybridZ

Check out this new head gasket

Mike kZ

i posted this in an RB thread. I should have made a new one for everyone to see.

good stuff!

im considering this gasket for my build. but the smallest size available is 1.3 mm, i think i need to go with a 1.0 to get the compression i want without having to slice the head too much.

Wasn't Nissan Comp making a gasket like that back in the 80's? I thought they had one with separate gas filled fire rings like that...

Yeah, I don't think it was a metal gasket they used, more a conventional fiber gasket, but same setup.

Yeah, I don't think it was a metal gasket they used, more a conventional fiber gasket, but same setup.

I'm currently using that Nissan head gasket. Yes the gasket is a conventional fiber gasket - metal reinforced as I recall. Same stuff as the stock gasket with holes where the stock sealing rings used to be.

I was hoping maybe the Cometic Phuzion gaskets would be available for the L-series, since the Nissan piece is getting hard to find and was pretty freakin expensive last time I checked ($240 for the gasket - $40 each for the rings :shock:). The idea looks similar enough that I hoped maybe I could just use the Phuzion gasket with my fire rings.

Anybody have a good method for cutting holes out of a standard stock gasket?