HybridZ

Scaled my car today!

Well a buddy of my is big into go-karting so he has a set of corner weight scales, so I asked him if we could weigh my car today!

Here's the basic specs on my car...

*1993 Camaro LT1 Engine (alluminum water pump housing with CSR electric water pump, stock alluminum heads and intake)

*1993 T56 6 speed transmission(stock flywheel)

*R200 with CV's (3.54:1)

*Griffin 26"x19" Alluminum Radiator

*All stock emssions stuff removed(stuff that came with the L28 engine)

*All emissons stuff removed from LT1

*Battery relocated to spare tire area

*All A/C components removed(including evaporator core)

*Stock seats replaced with Corbeau CR1's and Corbeau brackets

*Stock gauges replaced with Autometer gauges

*About 35-40lbs of sound deadening on floor, sides and doors of car(peel n' seal)

*Rear sway bar removed

*Tokico Springs and Struts(lowerd 1.5")

*Sport Max 962's 18x7.5" front with 225/40 tires and 18x9.5" rear with 265/25 tires

*stock braking system

*Autopower 4 point rollbar

*T-Tops in hatch of car

*Half tank of gas

Ok here's the without me in the car....

LF....715 RF....787

LR....775 RR....705

------------------------

1490 1492

Front....1502....50.4%

Rear.....1480....49.6%

Total....2982

I did weigh it with me in the car but I didn't write it down for some reason? The car evened out to almost perfect front to rear though. It got a little heavy on the left side though. I don't road race so I'm not too concerned with perfect side to side / front to back balance. I thought it was pretty cool that my car is pretty much 50/50 front to rear and side to side, not to mention weighted in under 3000!:burnout:

Guy

Last i scaled my 280zx it came in around 2,750. Thats what the bumpers removed under the fiberglass and all climate control stuff removed from the engine bay. Since then ive removed every single thing under the dash, the only things left are the gauges in front of the the driver and the triple gauges. All interior is gone as well as additional bits and peices from the chassis i wont be needing. Every single peice i removed from the car was weighed upon removal, and i calculate my 280zx is down around 2,400-500 now. Its just an engine, suspension, dash, and seats. Ill scale again when i get the motor back in just for reference.

• 3 months later...

I'ma bit confused by the corner weights. It indicates that the right front and the left rear are the heavy points. I understand the right front with the engine slightly biased right and the battery on that side but why the left rear?

My 280 started life at 1400 lbs front and rear for a near perfect wieght distribution. The LS1/T56 conversion added 30 lbs to the car - all on the rear axle. Then I added front and rear strut tower braces, a 4-pt roll bar, sound deadening and a seven speaker Alpine sound system which pushe dthe car up another 160 lbs to 3,000 even with 1,440 front and 1,560 rear.

When the car was at 2,830 I was able to get it corner weighed and it weghed in about 200 lbs havy on the pasenger side becasue the engine and transmission are slightly off cent to the right plus the fuel tank is right biased. The goal is offset the weight of the driver.

Driver influence is yet another story. Not only is nearly all the driver wieght on the left side it as also 75% on the rear axle. Of my 240 lbs at the time, 180 of it registered on the rear axle.

I'ma bit confused by the corner weights. It indicates that the right front and the left rear are the heavy points. I understand the right front with the engine slightly biased right and the battery on that side but why the left rear?

Keep in mind those scales are going to be off if everything isnt totally level-leaving you with inacurate readings.