HybridZ

twin turbo triple carb setup

Kooneon

while at work today, i thought about the setup on the devil z in wangan midnight the series. I was wondering what it would take to run this setup being that i would have to fabricate parts.

I also pulled an idea of triple turbos. why wouldnt this work? give me all your opinions on this one!

Be supportive not full of that bull****!

what about 6 motorcycle turbos? eh eh? one for each cylinder? lol:icon54:

How about 12 motorcycle turbos, 2 for each cylinder, each pair plumbed sequentially for better response...

OOOH -OOOH! ...then you could convert to diesel, and then run all of that into a second stage turbo for higher boost levels...

Unless you are going wet turbos, blowthrough cannot go over around 12 psi from my research. Over that and you will crush the float bowls. High boost equals EFI.

That only applies to Webers and other carbs with hollow Brass Floats.

Mikuni, OER, SK, and Dellorto Sidedrafts all have composition floats, and have absolutely no issues with boost pressures above 2 bar (30psi).

Webers with hollow brass floats usually start collapsing anywhere between 7 and 10+ psi.

Seeing a car dyno 444Kw to the rear wheels on Mikuini Blowthroughs in 1986, I wonder if it was only the language barrier that held up development on this side of the pond...

Unless you are going wet turbos, blowthrough cannot go over around 12 psi from my research. Over that and you will crush the float bowls. High boost equals EFI.

you can go with a 4bbl also

replace those brass floats with nitrophyl floats

you can go up to 20 psi or even more

here is some good reading http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/documents/ChickenHawkArticle.pdf

there is a lot of info on turbomustangs.com on blowthru setups

take a look at this 20+ psi 10.95et

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/686000-686999/686815_13_full.jpg

if possible on these there is no reason it can't be done on a l28